Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Dark Blue unifom found

Article about: Recent Flea market / Car boot pick up. It feel and looks period, but I would like to know if any one knows exactly what it was used for. Dark blue wool tunic/jacket. Shoulder boards (there w

Default Dark Blue unifom found

Recent Flea market / Car boot pick up. It feel and looks period, but I would like to know if any one knows exactly what it was used for.

Dark blue wool tunic/jacket. Shoulder boards (there was a small navy anchor in the right breast pocket), Large silver pebble buttons down trh front, smaller ones on pockets. Gold pebble buttons on shoulder boards. Some has sewn a bevo Heer breast eagle and smaller hat eagle eagle to the inside of the jacket. There are no makers lables I can see on the inside of the jacket. It maybe under the breast eagle but don't want to remove it yet.

Pants are black wool with a single thin white stripe downneach leg. There are lables in the pants, "Pfister Reinh.,"

Is this Postal? and is it TR period?

Your comments are accepted. Dark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom foundDark Blue unifom found

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dark Blue unifom found
    P
    Many

G43
    ?

Default Re: Dark Blue unifom found

The shoulder boards and the color of the tunic appear to be reichsbahn to me.

Is that auto or rail? I used to collect TR 20 years ago but quit. This is my first piece in years.

G43
    ?

Hello, my apologies I should have been more specific. The DRB or deutches reichsbahn were railway servicemen. The railway services were broken up into two main branches, one being the DRB the guys who worked on trains, scheduling, maintain the tracks etc..., The Bahnschutzpolezie on the other hand were the railway police. This tunic appears to be DRB by the color of the fabric and the shoulder boards which indicate not rank but pay grade. These boards I think indicate a pay grade of 8 or 8a if I'm not mistaken.

Any idea why the Heer eagles would be sewn to the inside?

Quote by easterneagle View Post
    Any idea why the Heer eagles would be sewn to the inside?
    I would say GI done.
    War trophy
    chris

G43
    ?

I would guess it was a piece that a G.I. picked up and sewed it on so he didn't lose it during its shipping home. I don't know what to make of the anchor though.

The adler and anchor are both post war additions to this tunic and have no reason to be where they are.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The anchor was found in the right breast pocket. What is an Adler?

Adler is German for 'eagle'.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne