Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen

Article about: Not just for men.. German Equestrian Badge The German Horseman's Badge (Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen) also referred to in general terms as the German Equestrian Badge, was a sports decorati

?

Default Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen

Not just for men..

German Equestrian Badge

The German Horseman's Badge (Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen) also referred to in general terms as the German Equestrian Badge, was a sports decoration of the Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany. It was awarded for proficiency in riding horses. Equestrian badges ( Reitabzeichen) remain a part of German rider training today, although their appearance is completely different.

History
    It was instituted by the National Agriculture Association, affiliated with the National Association for Breeding and Animal Inspection and Control, authorized on 9 April 1930 as the German Horseman's Badge. The badge was awarded in three classes of Bronze, Silver, and Gold. The badge had an oval oakleaf wreath, and within the wreath was a mounted horseman astride a prancing horse with a Roman "R" letter in a circle at the base of the wreath. Each of the classes may have been awarded: 1. on the basis of special achievements. 2. on the basis of tournament events. 3. on the basis of racing events.
    More difficult criteria had to be met to obtain the higher class. The badge was to be worn on the left breast. Notable recipients of the German Equestrian Badge include Reinhard Heydrich and Hermann Fegelein.

Source Wiki
    Photos various..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Reinhard Heydrich and Hermann Fegelein.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen  
    Attached Images Attached Images Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Nice piece of history. I have recently started collecting anything horse/Kavallerie related. All three types of badge can be found on my thread below;

Deutsches Reiterabzeichen in Gold, Silber und Bronze