MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Date for SA kepi

Article about: Hello, I believe this is a early SA kepi from SA group Westmark. I was wondering if anyone can put a more exact date on when this kepi if from. As you can see this kepi also has an early big

Default Date for SA kepi

Hello, I believe this is a early SA kepi from SA group Westmark. I was wondering if anyone can put a more exact date on when this kepi if from. As you can see this kepi also has an early big RZM tag.
    Thanks.
    Date for SA kepi
    Date for SA kepi
    Date for SA kepi
    Date for SA kepi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Date for SA kepi
    P
    Many

I would say this piece dates from 1933 or early 1934. Earlier kepis would have a matching tan top instead of the Gruppe color. Later in 1934, the kepi would likely have the model 1934 national emblem, which was much larger and very short lived.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you, your response was very helpful.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I would say this piece dates from 1933 or early 1934. Earlier kepis would have a matching tan top instead of the Gruppe color. Later in 1934, the kepi would likely have the model 1934 national emblem, which was much larger and very short lived.
    As usual, Bob is quite correct. The early pattern eagle, as positioned, was introduced for April 9, 1931. The colored top was a fact with orders from July 7, 1933. The tag is from about 1933-1934. In about January 1935 this type of tag was forbidden and a new pattern came into being, most often in use since about 1936. Dark-brown was used with the district "Westmark", as well as "Niedersachsen", first with a silver button, the second with golden colored button.
    The early pattern eagle was worn and in use until orders from June 28, 1937. Indeed in January 1934 a new pattern eagle came into being, but this form of eagle was merely an eagle to be worn by political leaders. Within the SA it was hardly worn!!

The number 511 is from a smaller concern: A2/511 = Georg Dodt from Koblenz am Rhein. They lost their RZM-permission with the date October 31, 1939. From then on they were not allowed to make headgear for political organizations. And as so often the color for the district matches close-by the location from the manufacturer. But remind: this was no rule!

Thank you for your response.