MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......

Article about: Hello everyone, My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which to put it in. When I ran into these I got a little excited because I've never seen this badge. Now I'

Default Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......

Hello everyone,
    My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which to put it in. When I ran into these I got a little excited because I've never seen this badge. Now I'm wondering if it looks legit as fare as authenticity. Also, why would someone have received this badge with stickpin? Also what does the number, "#2," represent or which maker? Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......   Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......  

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......   Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......  

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......   Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......
    P
    Many

Anybody?

Hello Kristian. While I ve never handled or studied this particular award I have a few observations and concerns, and hopefully a bump will catch someones attention who has had experience with them. So having said that.. the LDO paper/holder for the stickpin is imo definitely fake it shows almost no wear and looks to be made by a modern printing process, which definitely doesn't match the condition of the pin itself. The pin is rather crude and lacks detail. The badge has a semi course texture to it and lacks definition especially the building structure in the foreground (windows door openings) as does the rest of the obverse imo. The raised numeral 2 is odd but if I had to guess it s intended to represent an LDO/Lieferant number which would be for C.E Juncker again just a guess though. It s worth mentioning the description from veterans foot locker as well as other dealer sites call this award rare, and would of been presented to very prominent manufactureres of war items, so I would expect these to be of superior quality. I like the LST example as a comparison. I would also like to see one of these in a period photo as again I would assume it would be given to important persons, and the ceremony would be a rather good publicity moment for the recipients and their respective buisnesses. Kindest regards.

Brian

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 12-29-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello Kristian. While I ve never handled or studied this particular award I have a few observations and concerns, and hopefully a bump will catch someones attention who has had experience with them. So having said that.. the LDO paper/holder for the stickpin is imo definitely fake it shows almost no wear and looks to be made by a modern printing process, which definitely doesn't match the condition of the pin itself. The pin is rather crude and lacks detail. The badge has a semi course texture to it and lacks definition especially the building structure in the foreground (windows door openings) as does the rest of the obverse imo. The raised numeral 2 is odd but if I had to guess it s intended to represent an LDO/Lieferant number which would be for C.E Juncker again just a guess though. It s worth mentioning the description from veterans foot locker as well as other dealer sites call this award rare, and would of been presented to very prominent manufactureres of war items, so I would expect these to be of superior quality. I like the LST example as a comparison. I would also like to see one of these in a period photo as again I would assume it would be given to important persons and the ceremony would be a rather good publicly moment for the recipients and their respective buisnesses. Kindest regards.

Brian

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......
    Thank you for the reply. What color is the LOS card supposed to be? This looks rather dingy to me, light brown or a dirty off white. What color would it have originally been? Thanks again.

Hey Kristian the ragpaper color and texture isn t what alerted me. Rather the text printing method that signals a flag. Recently fellow member and friend Aldo told me about Jo Rivett s YouTube videos. I ve since been watching them, and if you aren't familiar with his methods of analysis using microscopes for intensive study, it s worth a look. He gives a thorough examination of two different 1933 party members I.D books (one original and one fake); original period print shows a definitive fine black outline with consistent interior coloring, as opposed to the print seen on your card that has the same color intensity to the entire printed letter/text. Kindest regards.

Brian

I don't know if this will come across visually, but compare the stickpin card print to the print on the West Wall medal packet I screen grabbed from one of Michael's posts.

Last edited by bsiwula1; 12-29-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    I would also like to see one of these in a period photo as again I would assume it would be given to important persons and the ceremony would be a rather good publicly moment for the recipients and their respective buisnesses.
    For a period photo of the small stickpin badge in wear, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCnther_Quandt

Thanks HPL as usual Johnny on the spot! Your investigative skills are always appreciated. Kindest regards.

Brian

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......

Comparitive images to another badge I feel is good from emedals

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......

More

Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......Defense Economy Leader badge and stickpin.......

I have not ever seen this medal prior to this post but would like to thank Brian and HPL2008 for the knowledge and effort to show good examples and posts that will be available for future reference. That is if I will ever find it in a search years from now.
    John

Hello Kristian,
    bit late to the party on this one but the thread starter is a poor reproduction as already mentioned.

I was lucky to pick one up several years ago in a large vet collection. Located here: WehrWirtschaftFuhrer Abzeichen

The examples of this rare badge that I have seen always display a high quality mercury gilded finish both on the full size badge and on the mini stickpin.

Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast