Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is Deutsche Jägerschaft 50-year Membership Badge real?

Article about: Hi all, this is my first post and I am an amateur collector. I've been trying to go through previous posts about Deutsche Jägerschaft 50-year Membership Badge and I keep reading that it is a

Thank you all for the information. I bought the group for 35 GBP. But it seems like money wasted as I didn't have time to do any due diligence A lesson learned indeed. I had read that about the Deutsche Jagerschaft badge and was worried about it. Thankfully you just confirmed it. There are also some articles about the Luftstchutz Air Raid Badge being fantasy as well. I hope thats not true.

Jo Rivett's book seems to be a necessity. I just wish they sold it as an ebook online. Thanks again to all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is Deutsche Jägerschaft 50-year Membership Badge real?
    P
    Many

Just another quick question! I'm guessing all olympic badges with swastikas are suspect right?

Quote by analoguejedi View Post
    There are also some articles about the Luftstchutz Air Raid Badge being fantasy as well. I hope thats not true.
    Do you mean with that the plain in the blue field? That is not a Luftschutz Air Raid Badge, but the insignia for Flugmelde-personnel.

Is Deutsche Jägerschaft 50-year Membership Badge real?

Quote by analoguejedi View Post
    I bought the group for 35 GBP.

You are a new collector and so I am going to say this as nicely as I can...but mate...what were you expecting for 35 GBP? I saw an original Flugmelde-personnel badge just sell for well over $400 USD all by itself. These are not fantasy...real ones are out there...but you must do the homework if you want to find an authentic one.

I applaud your interest in history...but please do yourself a favor before you spend any more money and either buy some good books or spend some time doing real research. There are some very legitimate folks on here that can help you by providing period documentation if you are respectful and show a genuine interest in what you are doing.

At the end of the day you have a 35 GBP lesson...much cheaper than a lot of others have 'learned'!

Chrys

I agree Chrys. It was an online auction where the estimated value of the lot was supposedly much higher than 35 (As stated by auction house). I was expecting a bidding war and was surprised when I was the first and only bidder . Theres not much definitive and precise info online about the pieces so I had to rush and post the first picture here before auction started. However the good replies came in after it was too late. 35 pounds down the toilet and a lesson learned... Anyone interested in buying fresh examples of fakes from me???

Hey we all make mistakes...anyone in this hobby that tells you that they haven't been taken is a liar. What matters is how you learn from it and how you go about collecting from here.

I know that it is hard as a new collector but you really should give some thought to picking a specific area and specializing in it until you get a good understanding of how this hobby works. Tinnies are a good place to start as you can collect a lot of them for a good price and you minimize your risk of getting cheated. Not trying to shill for my website...just trying to offer up some sage advice!

Chrys

?

Just an update to this thread. It sseems that Jo Rivett's YouTube video's were banned, but are now to be found on Bitchute: Micro-Macro-Militaria A great deal cheaper that the Party Badge book! We need a reprint of it, or pay per view on E Books.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2