Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin

Article about: Hello Gents, I just picked up this DLV pin for my collection and I'm having reservations about it's authenticity. I've seen them for sale on websites before but unfortunately I bought this o

?

Question Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin

Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpinDeutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpinDeutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin
    Hello Gents, I just picked up this DLV pin for my collection and I'm having reservations about it's authenticity. I've seen them for sale on websites before but unfortunately I bought this one quickly without vetting it properly. I've read on some of the other forums that this variation of the pin with the black wings is a post war concoction and that there are no records of it in the available reference books. Coupled with the fact that these should be rare and yet I've seen numerous pins for sale give me reason to be concerned. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. thanks, Al.
    Last edited by Aldo; 03-17-2017 at 11:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin
    P
    Many

?

Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin I would like to add it to the family if I feel it's an honest TR pin.

I believe that Jo Rivett has been able to determine with his "mighty microscope" that these are fantasy pieces. I assume like most everything else in this hobby half will argue pro...and half will argue con. I personally trust in what Jo says and would not want one in my collection.

Just my .02 cents worth...

?

Thank you for your honest opinion. In my haste to buy this rare pin before it was sold off I neglected to search the forums for an answer myself. Thanks again.

Default I’m not sure if this helps but here is a picture of the page from authenticated reference guide

See attached
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin  

?

Thanks but I got rid of this as soon as significant doubt was shed on it. The Husken book also has it listed but it does not make it authentic. If I can't prove authenticity on a pin it's relegated to the fake pile. I even started a thread for them.

Fake or Fantasy Stick Pins

With the exception of the balloon pin, can you identify the other three in the picture?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutscher Luiftsportverband Balloon Pilot stickpin  

?

Sorry Ronnie, no clue but here is my guess. keep in mind you need better photo's (macro) front and back to determine authenticity.

#1 some type of Freikorps or Panzer pin but from what I see probably a repro, cant read the writing from your photo's

#2 No idea but it has the symbol of an atom or atomic energy in the center

#3 Some award consisting of a Police type eagle superimposed over crossed swords, maybe a fantasy piece but perhaps there is an award like this that I'm not aware of, maybe from a ribbon bar made into a stick pin. Look at the images below

Maybe someone else will be able to shed more light these for you, Good luck. Al

Thank you very much! The last one appears to be a long service police award for those that we’re also in battle. The nuclear pin with a sword is a mystery to everybody but It came from a pretty good source that swears it is a World War II German piece. It was a guy that sold on eBay and believe it or not that pin had 16 bids and went for over $60 American.The skull and crossbones is a bit Corny but I thought I would throw it out there because again I have no idea where it came from.The only markings are the patent pending you normally see.

I apologize the skull and crossbones pin reads “Noch und Noch!” And the back ges gesch. Didn’t pay much work, chalking it up to fantasy . ��

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast