Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands

Article about: I completely understand. I wouldn't either. I just got a heer ss France volunteer shield. It's a different varient then I'm use to seening but without proof it's a reproduction I can't trash

Default Re: Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands

I completely understand. I wouldn't either. I just got a heer ss France volunteer shield. It's a different varient then I'm use to seening but without proof it's a reproduction I can't trash it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands
    P
    Many

I can assure you that the swastika Red Cross armband is not from the 50's. Having been a collector at that time, I can assure you that nothing of this quality would have been made either in the 50's or the 60's. That was a period of a plethera of original material and few collectors. What reproductions that were made in this period would have been of something more collectable and also would be of poor quality. There would have been no demand for a variant Red Cross armband.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I wasn't speaking of this one, but a different variant of this style. I've looked through mamy books and time period photos and haven't found anything with the Red Cross symbol and the swastika inside of it. However, I'm not saying it fake. Just trying to find out whom would have used this pattern. Thanks
    C.S
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.

I see PhilippMilitaria is selling a variant DJ-Medical Armband with the identical unique stitching, especially visible on the reverse, which leads me to believe that mine with the Swastika may also be Jugend/Youth related variant...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands   Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands  

To be honest, I'm very dubious about these red cross armbands with either the swastika, DJ, or SS runes in the centre.
    According to my reference books I also only find the red cross with the wording as posted in post #1 and the simple red cross, with or without stamps. Any period info or photos of these in wear available?

Tom

I'm sure I'd come across something after I've thrown it in the trash...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I'm sure I'd come across something after I've thrown it in the trash...
    cheers, Glenn
    Isn't that always the case....

Tom

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    but it's a real one...
    Sorry to disappoint, but it`s a fantasy piece. Look around and, like most fantasy things, they come in all sorts of variants. A good guess on age would be around 1985-1990.Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands

The one you mention at Phillip Militaria, well that sadly gives itself away by the huge images. Looks nice and worn, tea stained like they all are, yet the logo, was sticked on..when? It is brand spankers, dont need a microscope to see the fleecing going on here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands   Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands  

I also would pass on this style of Deutsches Rotes Kreuz.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks for the help! That puts this finally to rest!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast