Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Diplomatic Insignia

Article about: Guys, I am new to this forum and an old school collector so thanks for letting me post. I have been collecting Generalgouvernement and occupied Eastern territories insignia for around 40 yea

Default Diplomatic Insignia

Diplomatic InsigniaDiplomatic Insignia

Guys, I am new to this forum and an old school collector so thanks for letting me post.
    I have been collecting Generalgouvernement and occupied Eastern territories insignia for around 40 years and would really appreciate a 2nd opinion re these shields.

I have 15 diplomatic shields and cuff bands but I have a couple that I have never been sure about.
    Bearing in mind that many pieces of Diplomatic insignia were privately made along with the tunics and coats.
    Everything to me looks and feels correct with the make, thread, design, backing etc BUT I have a slight doubt….

If there are any Diplomatic Shield experts out there I would love a 2nd opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diplomatic Insignia
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Charlie

Wish I could help. Hopefully there are some guys here who do know these items. Assume it's a niche field.

I will say they are unique and typical of German insignia have a great design

If no one responds, try bumping the thread in a day or so
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not keen on them. Just too sloppy for my liking.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just FYI - Jill Halcomb who as we all know is the leading authority regarding Diplomatic Insignia who published the "Diplomatic Bible" very much likes these shields.
    She has seen all of the pics and likes everything about them.

Uniforms and Insignia of the Foreign Office & Government Ministries, 1938-1945 to include the Government of Poland and the Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories.

?

In this case, knowing the regulations inside and out does not translate to knowing what are acceptable manufacturing standards for insignia. If Ms. Halcomb or anyone else can produce period pics of Diplomatic insignia that is as poor quality as this, then I'll eat my hat. These were made in Pakistan, clearly by the same hand, and obviously without using a template, in silver-plated rather than aluminum bullion. They are not even remotely symmetrical. There are much better copies out there than this...

Arran, thanks mate I really appreciate the feedback.
    Over the last 20 years I have only ever seen the very occasional one pop up.
    I really do not know the answer which is why I am posting here.
    I have other shields which we know are 100% and I agree with what you say about them never being worn / photographic evidence but there is for example a complete range of bevo volunteer shields which was made late war but never worn.

Aran, thanks again..