Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DLH Pilot's Wings

Article about: These are being sold on the 'bay as being " Aus dem Nachlass des Flugkapitän "OTTO PLATZ" der deutschen Lufthansa, ehemaliger Pilot im 1.Weltkrieg, Teilnehmer im 2.WK, u.a. im

Another Junkers pin, this time in silver:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DLH Pilot's Wings   DLH Pilot's Wings  

DLH Pilot's Wings   DLH Pilot's Wings  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLH Pilot's Wings
    P
    Many

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This is his DLV visor cap insignia--definitely 100% original:
    As so often and again the same mistake is being made: No not DLV, but Deutsche Luftfahrt,
    which were the motor-pilots (within the DLV).

Very interesting insignia and of course documents (especially the patent for the wing) all the way,
    especially the LURAG one. This insignia was for the personel from the Luftverkehrsgesellschaft
    Ruhrgebiet AG
    (part of the Junkers Luftverkehrs AG), founded February 1925 and in 1926
    inorporated within the Deutsche Lufthansa when this was founded.

Here the insignia for the document for 1.000.000 kilometer in flying (for another pilot):

DLH Pilot's Wings

The Platz items went for some serious money ( added what they went for to each post).
    I would presume it was the hard-core DLH/aviation collectors vs TR collectors driving the prices up.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

These aviation collectors is a specific world and I wonder who has bought this stuff.
    It won't hardly be a TR collector as no swastika's were involved. The pins that had
    them would have gone for much higher money.

I held so much of this material in my hands during my research for my book from
    various pilots, kept in private hands, as well as in various draws of the Luifthansa-
    archives where a lot of this material was kept and given by old employees. I wonder
    where the material from the archive has gone when the archive was "put on hold". I
    hope it is not fallen apart!

Anecdote: the archivist of the Lufthansa had this material behind him in draws.
    After I wrote an article about some of these insignia, he thanked me for bringing
    him a lot of "news". In the 25-30 years of laying this material in the draws he had
    never noticed the left and to the righ looking heads for the eagle of the TR-period
    of some of his insignia. He paid attention to it when he had read my article. For me
    then it was an open door for my research there and I visited them over a year, every
    month on a Friday to do my research. And so I could write my book!!

The stand for the head too the left wing and too the right wing. It all had to do
    with an order about the stand for the head as political and state:

DLH Pilot's Wings DLH Pilot's Wings
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-16-2016 at 01:28 PM.

This is his DLV visor cap insignia--definitely 100% original:
    As so often and again the same mistake is being made: No not DLV, but Deutsche Luftfahrt,
    which were the motor-pilots (within the DLV).

Sorry I see no mistake, as the Deutscher Luftfahrt Verband exist untill 1933 after that it was still DLV but renamed to Deutscher Luftsport Verband. No matter if glider or motor plane. The one showed here is from the motor visor after 1933 and is ultra rare in cloth officier version.
    btw. I was the guy who won this auction
    Bert

This is so often explained here, even with images. Look for it.
    I will not repeat it (search for "unusual visor & uniform-NSFK?",
    here you find an extensive explanation and drawings from the official
    regulation).
    There is quite a difference between DLV and Deutsche Luftfahrt,
    according to the regulations.

You won it, but you do not fully understand! But you are not the only
    one, as many collectors identify things wrongly, as do auction-houses.
    It is indeed for a motor-pilot, but from the Deutsche Luftfahrt. And,
    by the way, they are not that rare these wings!

For your convenience (see the description):

DLH Pilot's Wings DLH Pilot's Wings
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-11-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    It is indeed for a motor-pilot, but from the Deutsche Luftfahrt. And,
    by the way, they are not that rare these wings!
    As I wrote the cloth (bullion) version is ultra rare and not the badge itself ! That's the point !

I'm familiar with the "Bekleidung und Abzeichen der deutschen Luftfahrt", it's nothing new.
    "deutschen Luftfahrt" means "German Aviation" In your example it decribes the military units.
    A) Motorflieger
    B) Segelflieger
    Nothing more or less.

Cheers
    Bert

Quote by fliegerass View Post
    As I wrote the cloth (bullion) version is ultra rare and not the badge itself ! That's the point !

I'm familiar with the "Bekleidung und Abzeichen der deutschen Luftfahrt", it's nothing new.
    "deutschen Luftfahrt" means "German Aviation" In your example it decribes the military units.
    A) Motorflieger
    B) Segelflieger
    Nothing more or less.

Cheers
    Bert
    The most I have seen during my researches for my books were the bullion versions. So by that
    my saying they are not that rare. In many occasions - with promotions - the bullion version was
    given to the pilots along with their document.

As it is nothing new, why do many still make mistakes between DLV and Dt.Luftfahrt. I know what
    "deutsche Luftfahrt" means (my German is better then my english). I do not describe military
    units (globally said from the Dt. Luftfahrt grew the Luftwaffe), as Dt. Luftfahrt merely were civil
    persons, pilots serving for aviation companies and such, like Deutsche Lufthansa.
    The first time I tried to explain the difference was in 1992. But why discussing this matter, as you
    know better apparently, Bert?
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-11-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2