Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DRK Samariterin Badge on eBay (Fake I think)

Article about: Now I know I'm a newbie at collecting but I have been looking at DRK items for when I finish my set of Mother's cross as this is an area I want to look into next and came across this on eBay

Quote by Greggf View Post
    removing post - found answer.
    Remember that I said the catch was used, and showed the example of where it was used. That was my point - someone somewhere read that the kind of catch shown in the original badge was never used - which is wrong information - Hence do not believe everything you read unless it is from a reliable source - like Jo for instance

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    That pin configuration was used on some pins but not on DRK pins. They always used a simple clasp catch with edge to edge coverage since you have to fiddle with it near your neck and it had to go through several layers of clothing so the pin was as big as they could put them. Also the cross is to small, the font is wrong and in 15+ years of collecting DRK items I have never seen a engraved Ges. Gesch. they are always raised, the only thing you should see that isn't raised on any DRK pins is the mother house and serial number.
    Remember I did not comment on the actual badge shown - I thought that was pretty obvious what it was - or wasn't. But I merely pointed out that the pin configuration WAS used actually as far as I'm aware used ONLY on ... and to quote Jo Rivett....................

"The HJ Ehrenzeichen - as being patented by Deumer, and used by them on the HJ Ehrenzeichen! But only towards the end of the HJ Ehrenzeichen production, and only by Deumer - M1/120"
    Last edited by John Brandon; 02-05-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Samariterin Badge on eBay (Fake I think)
    P
    Many

?

Hey John sorry if I implied the information you included was pointed toward the DRK pins in general I was more just pointing out the flaws in this badge and trying to give a bit of information about how this badge was wrong, what to look for in the future and why the pin style used on DRK pins was like they were for people who are thinking of buying them.
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 02-05-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2