Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dutch JOOD armband and Torah.

Article about: Hello all , I know 99.9% of these items are east European fakes but I thought I would run these "tiny" images by you guys for your thoughts and opinions. My instincts say a nice or

Default Dutch JOOD armband and Torah.

Hello all , I know 99.9% of these items are east European fakes but I thought I would run these "tiny" images by you guys for your thoughts and opinions. My instincts say a nice original Torah with a fake armband! (PS ,if I have posted this in the wrong section I apologise) Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dutch JOOD armband and Torah.  Dutch JOOD armband and Torah. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dutch JOOD armband and Torah.
    P
    Many

I am no expert when it comes to these Jood armbands, though IMO it does resemble the many fakes quite well, but the Jood "patch" was only manufactured by one company and in one style. Without irrefutable evidence said item is authentic I would never buy one of these, especially considering it's a armband.
    Also, the Torah and prayer book are probably mid-century pieces added to detract you from the fake armband as a attempt to make you believe it's a authentic grouping. That said, if it was cheap enough I'd probably buy it for those two items.

I would also concur with Youth. A fake armband with a nice little pocket prayer book.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I find it "strange" that the Torah is in English, and the armband is Dutch(?)

Maybe im wrong, but that was the first ting i noticed.

Common fake armband.

The Dachau brochures are not uncommon either.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thank you gentlemen , as I suspected then, a nice little Torah and yet another fake armband(surprise surprise). Leon.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I find it "strange" that the Torah is in English, and the armband is Dutch(?)

Maybe im wrong, but that was the first ting i noticed.
    I must admit that I noticed that too and also that the translation is for German and Polish Jews , not Dutch Jews! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I must admit that I noticed that too and also that the translation is for German and Polish Jews , not Dutch Jews! Leon.
    By itself I wouldn't see this as a particular issue as I am sure many Jews of German and Polish origin might have lived in Holland.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Leon, apologies for my late reply...

The armband shown above is not a period example. These are produced in Poland and come in various forms, two of which are shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dutch JOOD armband and Torah.   Dutch JOOD armband and Torah.