Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eagle stick pin, what it is?

Article about: Hi all, Anybody know what this stick pin is? Tried to reaseach it everyhere but didnt find any match JB

Default Eagle stick pin, what it is?

Hi all,

Anybody know what this stick pin is? Tried to reaseach it everyhere but didnt find any match

JB

Eagle stick pin, what it is?Eagle stick pin, what it is?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle stick pin, what it is?
    P
    Many

I have no idea what the pin is for, but as a rule of thumb that I use original Third Reich pins have a twist on them, as the RAD pin below. So because of that I wouldn't be comfortable with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eagle stick pin, what it is? 
    "Per Ardua"

I found another listed simply as a late war tinnie stickpin? Which could explain the lack of the twist commonly seen on higher quality TR stickpins? Maybe run it by Chrys and Joe at winterhilfswerk and see what their opinions are? Best regards.

Brian

https://militaryantiquesmuseum.com/m...27.archive.htm

Eagle stick pin, what it is?
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-09-2017 at 04:46 AM.

It is Winterhilfswerk....from the RSS (Reichsstrassensammlungen) 17th & 18th March 1934. It can be found on the bottom of page 16 of our WHW book.

The pin theory although a good elementary way of authenticating pieces just doesn't hold up with these early pieces. I have seen many period pieces that are original that have some really half ass pins attached.

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    It is Winterhilfswerk....from the RSS (Reichsstrassensammlungen) 17th & 18th March 1934. It can be found on the bottom of page 16 of our WHW book.

The pin theory although a good elementary way of authenticating pieces just doesn't hold up with these early pieces. I have seen many period pieces that are original that have some really half ass pins attached.
    Thanks for the insight guys! It s always great to hear your expert opinions! A truly invaluable resource to all of us here! Best regards.

Brian

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post

I agree. While I do not have a lot of experience with TR stick pins, I do own quite a few
    Imperial German pins. Almost all have a twisted pin but not all. There are some out ther
    that do not.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks for the valuable information, I really appreciate it!

JB

When it comes to the knurled pin aspect, one should also consider the purpose of a stickpin: This one was not a membership pin or an award miniature, but merely a donation badge which would have been worn during the donation period only (to show one had already donated money), so it wasn't really necessary for the manfuacturer to go out of their way in terms of quality.

I actually bought this with 5 Eur...