Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Stecknadel

Article about: Hi guys, this is the second stick pin I am posting on behalf of my friend today. Two questions: 1. which grade of Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes is it? I can't tell from the web if

Default Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Stecknadel

Hi guys,

this is the second stick pin I am posting on behalf of my friend today. Two questions:

1. which grade of Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes is it? I can't tell from the web if it's 1 Klasse, 2 klasse, or the verdienstkreuz version.
    2. is it genuine?Thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Stecknadel   Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Stecknadel  

Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Stecknadel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Stecknadel
    P
    Many

Hi guys,

I posted this as part of a couple of threads yesterday and haven't received a single reply, which is very unusual. Some of the members who viewed the thread are very knowlegeable and I was wondering if perhaps there was some sort of technical problem with replying, or even giving a thumbs up. If there is some sort of technical problem, then feel free to respond via PM and I will re-post any comments for the benefit of the wider membership.

?

As someone who collects DRK items I have never seen one like this and if it is real it would have been a jeweller private made item. It doesn't have the same stickpin attachment you find on any other DRK items I have, it doesn't have a twisted pin to help keep it on like most war period pins do. As for originality I have no way to say yes or no but the things I don't like about it out weigh the things I like about it.

Thank you for that MEE. The photos don't really do it justice. Your theory about it being a jewller's copy sounds plausible, as the reverse and stick pin look to be gold plated. The enamel is also the same as other types of stick pin I have seen, so probably also from the period.

CBH
    ?

The enamel looks weak, the framework has many file marks, wrong pin type and wrong design of eagle.
    I think its a fake, but I hope you get more replies.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    The enamel looks weak, the framework has many file marks, wrong pin type and wrong design of eagle.
    I think its a fake, but I hope you get more replies.
    Haha I never even noticed the head I was to busy looking at the other enamel. This one is a fake it has a 1939 head on a 1937 body.