Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Is this flag/badge fantasy item?

Article about: Its usually not a good sign when you look through 30 pages plus and don't see a similar item but throwing it out there anyways. What do you guys think of this item? WW2 era or post war junk?

Default Is this flag/badge fantasy item?

Its usually not a good sign when you look through 30 pages plus and don't see a similar item but throwing it out there anyways. What do you guys think of this item? WW2 era or post war junk? No marks on this either.Thanks for any help! Jeff B.Is this flag/badge fantasy item?Is this flag/badge fantasy item?Is this flag/badge fantasy item?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this flag/badge fantasy item?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this flag/badge fantasy item?

Nothing about the construction of this tells me it's TR...... I'm thinking 1970s fantasy peice

I would not attempt to date this but in my opinion, it is a postwar fabrication.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The way it's made and particularly the way it is coloured remind me of Soviet badges and awards (indicating possible post war manufacture in the east?), but also the mottling behind the red field remind of HJ knife grip diamonds. I won't make a call as it's out of my area of experience but these are my observations.

I appreciate your timely feedback guys. Here's another shot if it helps. Also upon closer look with magnifying glass can see crack near base of one of the arms prob. from being bent. Seems rather cheap construction for a TR period piece to me but I'm no expert. Thanks again for any input. Jeff B. Is this flag/badge fantasy item?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this flag/badge fantasy item?  
    Last edited by Rigormortis; 06-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The way it's made and particularly the way it is coloured remind me of Soviet badges and awards (indicating possible post war manufacture in the east?), but also the mottling behind the red field remind of HJ knife grip diamonds. I won't make a call as it's out of my area of experience but these are my observations.
    Very nicely observed, I would agree completely. If it was made during the war, I don't think they'd use prongs for it at all. The color is also way off, think I saw something like this recently... But where....
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Hey guys, look at real good close ups.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this flag/badge fantasy item?   Is this flag/badge fantasy item?  

Is this flag/badge fantasy item?   Is this flag/badge fantasy item?  

Sorry, but I believe this is not a period piece. It's made on the order of the Soviet star hat badges.(which may, in retrospect, actually give a hint as to it's true area of origin) The brass looks almost as if it's been antiqued to give the appearance of being old. I Think they're kind of pretending like it might have been some sort of military uniform insignia,but it's not- it really has no purpose at all. To attach it to a hat would damage the hat-and why not simply use a normal pin as usual? (That, and the fact that in a half a century of dealing with this stuff, this is something totally unseen previously by me-for whatever That's worth...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Noted. I appreciate your input. I've seen similar items over last day or 2 with it as stickpin. Would it be too far out of the realm of possibility that maybe it could have been stickpin backing that was changed to this one for whatever reason? Just curious. Thanks again. Jeff

Also heres a pic I got from a different website. Looks pretty close I think, so maybe not a fantasy piece after all?Attachment 364331 sorry couldnt post the pic. Jeff