MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?

Article about: Hi all! I just purchased several tunics and visors from a private collector and would like some solid feedback from the pros out there on the condition and authenticity of each. I'll be post

?

Default Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?

Hi all!

I just purchased several tunics and visors from a private collector and would like some solid feedback from the pros out there on the condition and authenticity of each. I'll be posting all of them over the next couple of days. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Let's start with this Forestry Tunic and Visor. Can anyone tell me whether there is anything in the photos that would suggest to you that this is a fake - or that any parts of the set are replacements/reproductions? If additional photos/close-ups are needed, please let me know.

Any information about the set is appreciated as well. I'm certainly no expert and would love to learn as much about the set as you can tell me from the photos.

Thanks everyone!'
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?   Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?  

Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?   Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?  

Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?   Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?

...Here are some shots of the visor...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?   Forestry Tunic & Visor - Is this set 100% auth?  

Although I'll be the first to admit I know very little about Forestry items (except the daggers)

From the pictures, nothing jumps out to say that they are bad. I love the cap

As far as I know the Forestry items are not faked as much as everything else you see

Hi, Forestery items are completely outside my collecting experience too.

But the general overall construction of the cap and tunic both look fine and consistant with Third Reich quality. As these are a minority interest item compared to combat arms or political items, I am not aware of them being reproduced? I think the greatest danger might be from conversion of post-war items, that is indeed if such a thing even exists?

Sorry I cannot really help much on these.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks guys. Hopefully someone will reply who knows more about this particular set, but I'm pretty comfortable it's all original and authentic. The individual I purchased these from has been collecting for many years and seems to cherry pick only top notch stuff.