Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Frontbann

Article about: Frontbann was formed in April 1924 and was specifically created to replace the SA which was then banned in the aftermath of the failed Munich "Beer Hall" Putsch, although the organ

Sorry guys, I made a quite disturbing typing error with my earlier post (7) with explanation:

I said number 33 from September 19, 1933. Of course this is NOT correct.
    It should be September 10, 1934. The order is here included.

Frontbann

Frontbann

The by David shown image from "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" fits nicely in the timeframe
    the badge was allowed to be worn. The booklet was published in 1934 (closing day for the text was
    mentioned by the publisher as March 1, 1934).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frontbann
    P
    Many

Thanks for the SA order.

It also bans all the Weimar era's unofficial WW1 commemorative medals/badges from wear with the SA uniform (with several being explicitly listed), which is unsurprising, although somewhart redundant, as these were no more allowed to be worn by anybody after the institution of the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges. (Although quite a few veterans ignored this and continued to wear them, often in addition to the Ehrenkreuz.)

What is of interest is the fact that the order also bans the Austrian and Hungarian WW1 commemorative medals and the Tiroler Landesdenkmünze from wear with the SA uniform. Unlike the eventually-banned unofficial ones, these awards actually remained authorized for wear in the Third Reich era and were worn both by civilians and military personnel.

This is a good example of how orders, awards and decorations were instituted and/or authorized by law, but how the various uniformed services regulated their actual wearing.

(Although I wouldn't be surprised if this restriction, too, was commonly ignored or perhaps the actual regulation was later modified. Stabschef Schepmann, for example, definitely wore the Hungarian WW1 commemorative medal on his ribbon bar...)

Default Frontbann - Reviewed !

The Frontbannabzeichen - Reviewed !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohKKqnnkc0

Regards and best wishes,

David

Part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSez4vJHhus

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2