Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Gau Level N S D A P Grouping

Article about: The following items were discovered around five years ago in the St. Louis area. The grouping included two tunics, one visor cap and two Adolf Hitler Golden Party Badges. All belonged to a G

Default Re: Gau Level N S D A P Grouping

I can't understand the menality of the new owner of that badge. If it was in my collection I would be happy to sell it to you knowing that I would complete a broken grouping...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gau Level N S D A P Grouping
    P
    Many

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    I can't understand the menality of the new owner of that badge. If it was in my collection I would be happy to sell it to you knowing that I would complete a broken grouping...
    Nick-
    The present owner is a very serious collector of medals and badges. The badge he has is mounted with a very rare stud mounting. He bought it without any knowledge of it's pedigree and loves it for what it is. I can not fault him for wanting to retain it. For me to want him to sell it to me just because of the grouping would be the height of selfish behavior on my part. Who knows? Maybe some day I will have something that will want him to trade it to me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thumbs up Re: Gau Level N S D A P Grouping

Bob

I understand it if you put it that way. Maybe you should sell him your tunic so that he can complete the grouping...

Greetz

Nick VR

A beautiful and wonderfully researched group. I have always loved the NSDAP Political Leaders' uniforms and headgear. Sadly, there is a terrific void, in my collection. I was always lucky enough to leve near Bob and visit his collection. As we have both moved from Chicagoland, the trips will be fewer, but nonethess very rewarding.

Bob Hritz

I am bringing this thread back up and posting some photos for Bob Coleman of Knustmann and his son. Bob will ellaborate on the photos later. Some very interesting and wonderful photographs.

Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gau Level N S D A P Grouping   Gau Level N S D A P Grouping  

Gau Level N S D A P Grouping   Gau Level N S D A P Grouping  

Yes! Very, very nice!!!

Joe

Bob, thank you for sharing these wonderful pieces. Along with SS, NSDAP uniforms are my favorite! A very fine cap, I love the embroidered wreath. I am waiting for my Ortsgruppenleiter visor cap to arrive and I am very excited!

The power of the internet is amazing. In early May, I received an email from a gentleman in Germany who found me while doing a google search on Kunstmann. He lived next to Wilfried, who passed early this year. The man was quite interested in WW2 and would often talk with Wilfried about those days. Unfortunately, he mind was clouded so much he related was not reliable. As I had a dossier on Adolf, I was able to send this gentleman what information I had on him and also related borthdays for the two sons confirming the correct family. While cleaning out Wilfried's things, he came across these pictures along with some of him as a HJ. The gentleman was nice enough to share these images with us. Of note is Wilfried's cap insignia which is definitely non regulation and also his tunic showing the Handschar collar tab and still retaining a "Nord" cufftitle.
    Note tht the 4th pattern armband on Kunstmann's tunic is mounted upside down. The piece is still in the same form confirming this is the tunic being worn in the photos.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-19-2010 at 03:01 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Great pieces and a fascinating thread.

The non-reg cap insignia in the photo is very unusual indeed.......................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Bob,
    Excellent photos. Can you see the number of the maker in the cap?
    Derek

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast