Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Red Cross Badge

Article about: I am considering buying this German Red Cross badge but I know nothing about it really haha. Clearly it's a Red Cross badge, but does anyone know more about it and if it's indeed original? A

Default German Red Cross Badge

I am considering buying this German Red Cross badge but I know nothing about it really haha. Clearly it's a Red Cross badge, but does anyone know more about it and if it's indeed original? Any information would be much appreciated!

German Red Cross BadgeGerman Red Cross Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Red Cross Badge
    P
    Many

The font and style of construction, to me, point toward a postwar item. It certainly doesn't look to be of the TR era.
    Wait for the more learned members to weigh in, but I would pass if looking for TR era items.

I am not a more learned member but IMHO it is post war.
    John

?

Post war pin, you will not find that style of pin on WW2 or Weimer Red Cross. Picture 1&2 has all pin types on WW2 DRK(except a box clasp since I forgot to include it) and 3 has a a Weimer (also state) replaced pin.
    German Red Cross BadgeGerman Red Cross BadgeGerman Red Cross Badge

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    Post war pin, you will not find that style of pin on WW2 or Weimer Red Cross. Picture 1&2 has all pin types on WW2 DRK(except a box clasp since I forgot to include it) and 3 has a a Weimer (also state) replaced pin.
    German Red Cross BadgeGerman Red Cross BadgeGerman Red Cross Badge
    Should all original pins have markings on the back? Thanks for the info!

?

WW2 DRK for the most part yes. They should all have Ges. Gesch.. Schwesternhelfrin and Samariterin will only have the Ges Gesch (legally protected, think copy right) Helfrin will have Ges Gesch and a symbol or makers mark. Small pins (hat pins, stick pins etc) will have Ges Gesch and some will have a maker, with E.L.M. being the main maker found. 32mm and 41mm sister pins and ovals will be marked A. Strubbe Berlin, Ges Gesch, a mother house (city) and a number. A. Strubbe was the only maker awarded the contract, fake colour ones are marked CTD, stay away from these (there is a huge amount of reading on these if you really want to but people who don't collect DRK say they are good those who do will not touch them). Of course there are anomalies for all these rules including painted ovals with no marks. *edit fixed up punctuation and spelling
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 05-04-2017 at 05:59 PM.