Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?

Article about: Greetings. I recently found this WW2 era State Forestry cape for sale. I've never seen such an item before and hope that members may offer their opinions on its authenticity and any other re

Default German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?

Greetings. I recently found this WW2 era State Forestry cape for sale. I've never seen such an item before and hope that members may offer their opinions on its authenticity and any other relevant info. Buttons look like stag horn or such material. Apologies for low resolution. Thanks, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?   German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?  

German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?   German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?  

German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German State Forestry cape: Authenitic or not?
    P
    Many

An interesting item that I have never encountered before. The question for me is if it is 3rd Reich era or later. This is such an obscure item it may be very difficult to define.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

My sentiments too.

If I had to guess, and it is a guess, I would say postwar. I base that upon the "40" size label and the makers label.

Wait for someone to come along who actually collects this material and who truly knows.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Such Loden capes - in a variety of cuts and furnishings - have been popular with German foresters and hunters for a long time and are still worn to this day.

While this is not my area of expertise, I see nothing that immediately points to it being a pre-1945 state forestry uniform item. Also, the color doesn't match the greyish-green uniform color for Third Reich era forestry personnel or DJV members.

I, for one, would consider this a civilian item. (And very likely a post-war one at that.)

None of the forestry uniforms i have seen feature stag horn buttons!...

I think it's just a civilian mantle.

Thanks to all for your responses. I have purchased this item at a very reasonable price. Although I'm disappointed that it seems not to be 3rd Reich vintage, i collect forestry related articles and appreciate the great role of Germany in the development of modern forest science. As a forester, I may well wear it to work! Much appreciated. Paul