Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Germans outside of Germany

Article about: Here are 2 enameled badges and a tinnie that have to do with Germans abroad. The first is an Honor badge for the Colonial bund in stick pin form. Second is the Badge of the Peoples Federatio

?

Default Germans outside of Germany

Here are 2 enameled badges and a tinnie that have to do with Germans abroad.
    The first is an Honor badge for the Colonial bund in stick pin form.
    Second is the Badge of the Peoples Federation for the Germanic in Foreign Countries ( 15.5MM x 27MM )
    Third is a tinnie for German colonies in Africa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germans outside of Germany   Germans outside of Germany  

Germans outside of Germany  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germans outside of Germany
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Germans outside of Germany

Nice pieces very unusual
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Steve

Nice VDA badge, and nice tinnie (Köln 34-01). I have a lot of VDA items, I'll get moving and make a thread.

The tinnie is particularly interesting since it represents one of the most important expositions held in Germany before the war. The three patrons for Colonial Exposition in Köln in 1934 were the former and last governor of Toga (1912-14), Herzog Adolf Friedrich zu Meklenburg, the last governor of German East Africa (1912-19), Dr. Heinrich Schnee, and the recently appointed chief of the Colonial Policy Office, Franz Xaver Ritter von Epp.

These former soldiers are veterans of the war in Africa and are all from Köln, shown here on the opening day of the exposition. The three below are Schnee, zu Meklenburg, and von Epp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germans outside of Germany  
    Attached Images Attached Images Germans outside of Germany  Germans outside of Germany  Germans outside of Germany 

Nice pieces Steven. I recently read a short article about Germany's high hopes for their African colonies, I had no idea. Hitler and some of his cronies actually used this experience as a partial guide to colonizing the East. Great photos DR, I think I see where President T.R. got the idea for his hat.

Jay