Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GS Gestapa? badge

Article about: Dont exactly know what this is but was told it may be Gestapa related. Info is very much appreciated

?

Default GS Gestapa? badge

Dont exactly know what this is but was told it may be Gestapa related. Info is very much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GS  Gestapa? badge   GS  Gestapa? badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GS  Gestapa? badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: GS Gestapa? badge

Hi Dean

I'm sure you meant Gestapo. Did you buy this, Dean? I take chances on lesser priced items that are queationable or just fun to own. Maybe I'm putting my foot in mouth, but it looks slightly silly to me with the smile and all. No offense meant by this, Dean, it just doesn't look like most things from the TR. What is the Gestapo connection with this piece, as per the seller?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Doesn't look to me even remotely like anything from the TR. Maybe it's a custom hood ornament from a Buick GS....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I would be inclined to say this is a fantasy item, but wait for some other opinions

I believe it is a Polish regimental badge.........

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-...eplica-119697/
    Regards,

Steve.

It may be Intended to look like the Polish Gora Stracenia badges, but it's not a very impressive copy. A quick search on eBay also turns up several of these badges being sold by a questionable seller out of Israel named " liliyada.il ". If you do a search of their items with "GS" as a search, you'll see what I mean. They've been selling many of them for 2 dollars all the way up to 22 dollars. A heavily faked badge that when original and with it's black enameling is actually fairly collectable.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

thanks fellas. I've been away for a bit so I apologize for the late reply.