Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying This Cap Eagle

Article about: Hi, all. This is a new piece and I am just needing some info on exactly what it is for and what type of hat or visor it would go on. I was told it's a political visor cap eagle, however it l

Default Help Identifying This Cap Eagle

Hi, all. This is a new piece and I am just needing some info on exactly what it is for and what type of hat or visor it would go on. I was told it's a political visor cap eagle, however it looks different from the other one I have. Is this an earlier eagle design for a political visor or something else? An SA hat eagle? It measures 1 1/4 inche x 1 1/2 inches and is unmarked. I spent $40 on my other political cap eagle, so I am assuming this is worth around the same?

Any clarification help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Identifying This Cap Eagle  Help Identifying This Cap Eagle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identifying This Cap Eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Identifying This Cap Eagle

Hi, I'm not really speaking from much experience of this type of cap eagle, but there are things about this that remind me of repro's I have seen of other metal headgear insignia. More an observation, than an opinion.

Jerry

?

I'm no expert either, but it looks like an early SA or early NSDAP party eagle. I think, however, that it is a fake/replica. While the early eagles were more crude looking, this eagle's detail is a little too crude, and the feathers on the breast are wrong, as is the eagle's head/face. Also, the early eagles had either vertical prongs (like yours) or two horizontal prongs in the wings, and both were completely different than the prongs on yours. I'm no expert, so wait for some other people's opinion, but I think it's bad.

Matthew

Hi, guys and thanks for the replies and feedback. I been hearing similar things off the forum here so I am at the very least skeptical of it, believing it is probably bad.

Thanks again for the thoughts and info

Best,
    Adam