Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler's brown tunics

Article about: Thanks to our Moderator for the above. It seems where ever this stuff goes, it somehow causes issues. One wonders what they might be in the a century or more? Maybe there is more poetry in P

JMM
    ?

Default Re: Hitler's brown tunics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Another one from the Hitler's bunker
    Very nice pics. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's brown tunics
    P
    Many

mcgillicuddy
    ?

I read a very interesting piece by long time Nazi Germany collector A.D. Royster who makes a strong case that no authentic Hitler tunic survived the war, stating "And no authentic Hitler tunic survived the war, the ones in various museums and private collections either being the wrong size or having the wrong fittings. Self-delusion is always combined with self-importance and the stories about "Hitler rings" and the like are a manifestation of this aspect of human error". Not trying to stir anything up but logic would seem to dictate that the probability of a tunic surving the war in that kind of condition, especially, is highly unlikely. For instance, the tunic above seems to be dated on Putsch day, which I find even more curious, as if someone is trying to make a point that it really is Hitler's.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The "collector" you cite does not even post under his real name.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A.D. Royster posts here?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A.D. Royster posts here?
    one never knows!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hitler's brown tunicsMaybe A. D. Royster is the tooth fairy? We had the "scull" savant who talks in tongues and or receives the ouija board signals from the Deschler foreman on 15 June 1937, but my chums put an end to that.

Who knows who anyone is, really? Franz Kafka said it best, I think, with the story about the large bug.

But I am fairly confident that some Hitler clothing did survive, especially in the care of the USSR and its heirs.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-03-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Royster or Keating is a hack pure and simple.

He doesn't have a lot of love for the WAF I must say which does make for some amusingly snide remarks, often directed at the forum moderator/dealer co-conspirators.

The tunics shown here look terrific, I particularly like the first one shown, the stains and damage are so symbolic of how hitlers empire ended in a hole in the ground in Berlin. I know this is an old thread but it's the first time I've seen it so thanks for taking the time to post these pics they're fascinating,
    Cheers,
    Dave.

?

Ade Stevenson is in fact Englands own "Howard Hughes". (I nearly met him once !).
    He is famous here for building the largest WW2 motor powered canoe in his garden ...
    Made from the finest Scottish wood ..... it has been christened the "Spruce Bruce Goose"

Ref :

WW2 British 2 Man Commando Kayak

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I have met Bob Coleman, and am very fond of him, so I am fairly certain who he is, actually. And I wish I could meet Adrian Stevenson, but I live on the wrong continent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast