Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hitler's summer tunics

Article about: i was lucky to cut off few buttons from that tunic-joke.the facto i found them in attic

Default Re: Hitlers white double breasted tunic from the bunker

Thanks for this. Very interesting images. The white satin disc of the Kampfbinde goes longitudinally versus latitudinally.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's summer tunics
    P
    Many

Hello, first time post!

I don't have my sources right now, but I heard that the large storage batteries were dumped or damaged and spilled large amounts of acid throughout the fuehrerbunker. Maybe this could cause the oxidation on the clothing? Like I said can't quite put my finger on that bit of trivia, but will try and chime in when I can remember.

Also awesome forum going on here! I'm a beginning collector and hope to learn as much as I can. Thanks, Bigfoot.

Bigfoot-
    Welcome to the Forum. There are many knowledgable people here to help you through the minefield of collecting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

when they were in the bunker to be safe from the bombs and Russians , would they have partys and white jackets?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    would they have partys and white jackets?
    I doubt that that there was anyone partying in may 1945 who was in the Führerbunker at the same time...

Nick VR

There is a new book that consists of Stalin's after action report on the last days of Hitler, prepared by Linge and I think Guensche while in Soviet captivity. I do not have the title at my finger tips. Das Buch Hitler is the German title, I think. Of course, there are many accounts of the demimonde of the Fuehrerbunker. There is the old work of Hugh Trevor Roper. The notable Joachim Fest also wrote a good account of this episode before his death, as did Traudl Junge prior to hers. The latter also had her own film in which she described her experience. The 2004 German film Der Untergang was a composite of the Fest and Junge works.

My wild a$$ guess is that certain of these garments were elsewhere in the wrecked Reichschancellery, unless in the cramped space of same, one had re-located the man's whole wardrobe as well as that of the retainers and lackeys. Considering how simply AH lived in his field headquarters, I wonder. The whole experience was pretty awful.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-25-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks for posting these--I have only seen them on video. Do you have pics of his visors? I heard they were stolen last year. Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks for posting
    Hans

I wonder why there is not any Fire Damage to the Armband.
    Also ...why did the Tailor Labels have Fire Damage and a LOT of wear but ..the fabric around the Labels is not damaged ?...also , what is that Label on the bottom inside of the Jacket ? I have never owned or seen a pre '45 produced Jacket with the Tailor Lable in that position.
    I think my London Fog Trench Coat has a Label there though
    I'd like to see or compare the measurements between Bob's Hitler Tunic and this white one ...

?

I guess Adolf had to sign his name tag so no one else would wear it? I thought he would be to depressed to go to a white jacket party with his lying generals

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast