Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hitler's summer tunics

Article about: i was lucky to cut off few buttons from that tunic-joke.the facto i found them in attic

Default Re: Hitlers white double breasted tunic from the bunker

Hi Mike, I reckon the label on the lower inside of the jacket might be some kind of museum inventory tag?

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's summer tunics
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, I reckon the label on the lower inside of the jacket might be some kind of museum inventory tag?

Cheers, Ade.

The named tag is the Holters contract tag which could be found inside the inner tunic pocket. The other tag is the Holters label sewn in to the back of the tunic. I noted that this tunic is dated 1939. Possibly, this came from Hitler's office or apartment in the Reichstag and not the bunker. I have seen period pictures of Hitler wearing this form of tunic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hitler's residence in Berlin was in the old Reichskanzlei, a place renovated by him in 1933/4.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The named tag is the Holters contract tag which could be found inside the inner tunic pocket. The other tag is the Holters label sewn in to the back of the tunic. I noted that this tunic is dated 1939. Possibly, this came from Hitler's office or apartment in the Reichstag and not the bunker. I have seen period pictures of Hitler wearing this form of tunic.

Hi Bob, I agree with you about these other labels, but I was refering to this one in my previous post. I have circled it here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler's summer tunics 

Quote by adrian stevenson View Post
    hi bob, i agree with you about these other labels, but i was refering to this one in my previous post. I have circled it here.

Cheers, ade.
    ade-
    i never noticed that tag. I am sure you are correct.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I thought that you had missed that one Bob

Cheers, de.

I can't say anything about Uncle Adolf's size but I can say somthing about the wierd fire damage to this piece. The tunic was more than likely crumpled before and during the fire and the burn pattern shows this. It also looks like the fire damage is actually heat damage from being inclose proximity to the fire. The fire itself may have been a flash fire due to the haste and manner in which it was lit.
    The tag on he bottom of the tunic looks to be a museum tag of some sort. Who knows what the Russians did to the tunic once it was in their hands. I would see no reason for the Soviets to fake this piece and place it in their museum. They have a ton of stuff and of all the pictures I have seen it looks legit. Have you seen the Iron Cross display they have? Amazing. All the captures standards? All of which is just awesome.
    Also, it is very unfair to critisize a piece in a fellow collectors collection sight unseen. If I personally had one of these tunics I would not advertise the dimensions either. To be honest the only people to see the tunic would be close friends and trustworthy collectors.

Default re: Hitler's summer tunics

thanks dimas this is really awesome thanks for showing us these pics any more pics of items recoverd at this same time?

?

I went to this museum in the summer of 2001. Unfortunatly, the wing where Hitler's & other high-ranking Nazi's stuff was on display was closed for remodeling along with the "Cold War" room.
    I did get alot of pictures of the other displays. I will post some when I get home in 10 days (working out-of-town right now).

Best Regards,
    Mike

?

I have other pictures too, but need to find them first
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast