Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?

Article about: Hi Gentlemen, Last week I bought a mainly cloth insignia convolute, roughly half of which is HJ insignia, the other half comprised of Gebirgsjäger & Rad insignia. (1) Orange Ribbon (2) 2

?

Default HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?

Hi Gentlemen,
    Last week I bought a mainly cloth insignia convolute, roughly half of which is HJ insignia, the other half comprised of Gebirgsjäger & Rad insignia. (1) Orange Ribbon (2) 2x Edelweiss metal Cap Badges (left one is a fake) (3) RAD Sports Patch (4) Gebirgsjäger Arm Patch (5) Eagle Cap Badge (6) HJ Cap Diamond (7) Deutshes Jungvolk RunePatch, (8) 3x BDM triangle patches Ost Wartheland, Süd hochland, Süd Schwaben, compared the pieces to examples on the forum & Weitze's site, they seem genuine if ordinary pieces, although the DBM Wartheland patch appears to be one of the rarer patches. Would members agree, on the originality of the pieces and the rarity of the Ost Wartheland Patch.Any information welcome.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?   HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?

From the images, all of the insignia appear to be period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi AlecH. Your (2) Edelweiss left is NOT a fake. It is from present German Bundeswehr

I agree all period apart from both the metal Edelweiss which are Bundeswehr as Peter points out

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sorry. Maybe i didnt point it correct. ONLY the left of both Edelweis is present German Bundeswehr. The right one is Wehrmacht. With (2) i meant only the numbering, AlecH used.

Hi Peter
    It could be my fading eyesight but both look Bundeswehr. The stems at the bottom are both facing the opposite ways to the GJ Edelweiss.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

@ stickgrenade. We both talking about the two metal cap insignias? The left one is Bundeswehr. The right one is Wehrmacht. You can see the difference in the petal. For Bundeswehr the right petal is pointing inside, for Wehrmacht the right petal is pointing outside.

Here are two pictures showing the cap insignia.
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?  HJ & Gebirgsjäger Insignia Convolute - Original ?