Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?

Article about: those prisoners hated an arm band and burned as soon as they could, there was no market for it at the end of the war

?

Default Re: Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?

those prisoners hated an arm band and burned as soon as they could, there was no market for it at the end of the war

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Mike, I am pleased the seller will take the items back.

If you have anything else which you are unsure about, don't be afraid to show it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Glad too see your money will be returned after all this time, that is sometimes an indication that the seller knew it was dodgy prior to sale and doesnt want to risk a bad reputation against other items, as for the item itself i must be honest that its not the sort of collecting item i would buy anyway but thats just a personal hangup of mine but i think that now its been explained that these items would be rare due to the destruction at wars end it becomes an interesting and informative fact for the future

?

Hello, I recently bought these armbands, the seller bought them several years ago from an elderly Polish chap and framed them himself, there are 6 armbands and one striped hat which can be seen just under the armbands in the centre of the frame.
    the printing along the sides of two of them says Aushwitz in Germanic lettering and is hard to decipher.
    What do you think? I know there are fakes out there but I have a feeling that these are genuine.

Very sorry to say these are all bad too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

damn, we wanted to donate them to the Holocaust museum in Israel.

?

Quote by suzyq View Post
    damn, we wanted to donate them to the Holocaust museum in Israel.
    Regarding the donation of items. Always check beforehand whether or not the museum intends to display the piece. Ask the staff who work there about their archives and collections, how often things are changed around, new exhibitions arranged etc. Many people do not realise that donating an item to a museum, simply results in the piece being locked away in a box behind closed doors, never to be used as part of a public display. Worse still, from time to time, items are sold off by unscrupulous members of staff. A sad state of affairs I know, but it does happen.

Regards,

Carl

?

The framed pieces shown above are quite common reproduction items, produced in central and eastern Europe. Recently, they are appearing more than ever before, hence the reason to put this back up to the top. They can often be found at flea markets, with prices ranging from the few euros that they are actually worth, to ridiculous amounts of money. The Jood star in particular is a very common item, although as with the other pieces shown above, not original.

Regards,

Carl

?

The purple triangle is an indicative of a Jehovah's Witness prisoner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2