Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: How do you approach displaying your pieces? (flags, uniforms, etc.)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't usually show people, or display it.

12 12.63%
  • I don't display it, but will show people I know will understand. and find it interesting

22 23.16%
  • I display it, but only in an office or back room.

38 40.00%
  • I display my stuff proudly for all to see.

23 24.21%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?

Article about: I stopped caring for other peoples opinions a long time ago. The only people that see my collection are my family members anyway, but I don't see a reason to hide my items if someone else co

Default How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?

Thinking about hanging my German flag in my office, not on a flag pole, but more as a wall hanging. Are we at a point in the culture where people are more favorable to seeing these things? I'd love to hear your stories!

Also, don't forget to select a poll option to see how people are showing (if at all) their German collectibles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?
    P
    Many

Are you mad....???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Are you mad....???
    Well, I see we may in fact not be at that point then.

I have my stuff in a glass cabinet in the open, when people come over they say nothing about it.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Well, I see we may in fact not be at that point then.
    Most people will not see it as you collecting history. Most people will see it only as what it represents as a symbol, not what it represents in the terms of history.

That's not to say everyone will feel that way, but that is what the vast majority will feel.

That's what I'm afraid of. I like this stuff, firstly for the history and as a reminder of that history, and honestly because WWII German things are considerably well designed. There's a certain art to it. A grim art in context yes, but art nonetheless.

MAP
    ?

Collecting is a preservation of history. While I have one China cabinet in my living room ( mostly items with out symbols) it has on more than one occasion sparked questions from visitors. At this point it often leads them to me showing them my "war cave" (I.e. a spare bedroom, not hidden out of shame but the only real free space that I can correctly store my items - temp and light controled). I can say in every case where people were interested in seeing more it resulted in great conversations about history. And also people wishing they could do the same.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is not a good idea! You might get away with a helmet or something like that, but not a flag! Displaying flags (especially out of context of a war display of some type) suggests agreement with the principles it represents. Even as a collector, if I saw someone displaying a Party Banner and nothing else, I would probably assume that whoever displayed it was sympathetic in some way to Nazism.

Liberals teach that everything is bad..except what they want others to believe....but yet the hypocrites they are..they also practice what Joseph Goebbels ( NAZI ) had done best. This is "One" of many reasons why people make contorted faces..or look at you quietly..and then look back to your display. Your being judged because of what SOMEONE ELSE TOLD THEM. Thats how you can spot a liberal sheep a mile away. Cant think for themselves.

Excuse me...I need to eat a Snickers bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images How do people react when they see your Nazi displays? 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I show my collection to my trusted friends and associates, mainly due to the financial investment I have in my collection, but also because I trust their maturity level. They are always intrigued and handle it like mature adults. Those who find out that I collect these items and in turn make comments similar to, "are you a nazi or something" I will not waste my time with. You either understand my love and passion for history or you don't. All others need not apply.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast