Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: How do you approach displaying your pieces? (flags, uniforms, etc.)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't usually show people, or display it.

12 12.63%
  • I don't display it, but will show people I know will understand. and find it interesting

22 23.16%
  • I display it, but only in an office or back room.

38 40.00%
  • I display my stuff proudly for all to see.

23 24.21%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?

Article about: I stopped caring for other peoples opinions a long time ago. The only people that see my collection are my family members anyway, but I don't see a reason to hide my items if someone else co

I stopped caring for other peoples opinions a long time ago. The only people that see my collection are my family members anyway, but I don't see a reason to hide my items if someone else comes in. I just always say my reason for collecting and that's it. If I had a Third Reich flag, I would display it as a piece of history and I wouldn't stuff it in some cabinet to dust just because someone else would think of me as a Nazi. I know who I am and my moral/political values and that's what matters to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    Are you mad....???
    Ned, I have said it before, but I will say it again - you're posts crack me up! When I next get over to visit my brother in London I hope that we can get together so I can buy you a pint! Cheers, Jim G.

It's all how it's displayed...notice I keep my flag folded in the corner of my display cabinet...It's visible for all to see, but it doesn't dominate my display and scream NAZI at someone walking into the room...I prefer the focus to be on the Era and on the artifacts themselves, allowing each piece to tell it's own story...The bold Allied Newspaper Headlines also add balance, more towards the HISTORICAL and less on the "NAZI"...
    I hope that made sense, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images How do people react when they see your Nazi displays? 

I guess it depends on where your Third Reich material is displayed and if it is a part of a larger collection. If you display a swastika flag by itself the average Joe or Jane will cringe. Most people in the Western World have been saturated with Hollywood style propaganda since WW2 and automatically re-act negatively to seeing a swastika and have no idea that the swastika is an ancient symbol. Use common sense if you decide to display your items and you should be fine.

To put it frankly, you'll almost certainly be viewed as a "Nazi Lover" and this stigma will hang with you for Ages. People, in general, do not mind seeing a helmet or even a dagger or something similar, but a Flag, for whatever reasons that are in people's heads is almost always instantly viewed with the idea that "if he has it hanging on the wall-then he must Believe in it what it stands for and is a Nazi". Trust us here-it is Strongly Not recommended.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Bad for business !

?

Just looking at German items on your computer can cause problems. I fired a guy once and he filed a hostile work environment compliant. I ended up in a deposition explaining I am a collector, not a nazi and that I have Militaria from lots of countries. Hanging a flag in your office is a bad idea.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Just looking at German items on your computer can cause problems. I fired a guy once and he filed a hostile work environment compliant. I ended up in a deposition explaining I am a collector not a nazi and that I have Militaria from lots of countries. Hanging a flag in your office is a bad idea.
    It's a private home office. Sorry, I didn't clarify. Vast majority of time I'm the only one that ever goes in there, but guests do go in from time to time. Mostly family or close friends. Hanging it at work would be a terrible idea.

?

Your own house you can do what ever your wife will let you get away with. Lol

Regardless of location, I would very much not recommend this. As you say, you do occasionally have guests, so do you want them to go home thinking "Wow...that guy is a real Nazi nut!"?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast