Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ID'd 1936 Olympic Jersey?

Article about: Hi Guy's I was out at my great uncle estate and was cleaning out some stuff from there and came across a bunch of German military stuff..... most was bought for a hansom price buy a local Hi

carbking
    ?

Default Re: ID'd 1936 Olympic Jersey?

well we have concluded that the is a period item correct? i still would like to know why the upside down Olympic symbol????????????? could this be a trials vest or pre 1936 vest???? or is a proto type any guesses.....

2. # ADS

carbking
    ?

I think i have it figured out,,, i think what i have here is a 1932 Olympic trails vest for Erich Borchmeyer... this would explain the the ring question brought up .... it seem pre 32 Olympic stuff had this ring configuration .... so is it still true that the Nazi regime gave the rings? or was it a pre Nazi idea ?

It seems to appear in its recognisable form in 1920 when the Olympics were held in Antwerp. Incidentally did Erich Borchmeyer serve in the DAF? How old would he have been in 1935/36?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID'd 1936 Olympic Jersey?  

carbking
    ?

Borchmeyer would have been 31,,, Blask would have been 26 years of age...

I'm still confused by this. The provenance is good so we must assume it is original.

I would be inclined to think it wasn't necessarily linked to either of the athletes you suggested. I suggest that because the Olympic link is unclear and the initials could be someone less well known, but a keen athlete nonetheless.

I think I have a DRL membership booklet with stamps etc. It is in the same shade of blue. It could possibly, and this is purely speculative, have belonged to a young german who used the insignia of one organisation, the DAF, and sewed it on to a DRL sports vest ( if such a thing existed ). The Olympic rings on the inside of the vest still remain an enigma to me!

snerw0n
    ?

I have the same vest for sale and also the pants. It has the same olympic rings on the tag

It is not a vest, it is a one piece for a women.

ID'd 1936 Olympic Jersey?

Sorry yes it is a uniform for girls I have seen a few.
    Send me some pics I might be interested in it or I might know who is.

E.B. Is not part of the tag and is most likely the persons initials.
    Most tags have the Olympic symbol upside down as this does, there are several examples it is definitely not fake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2