Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband

Article about: I have never been a big fan of printed armbands, but I picked this up at a reasonable price from a reputable dealer, and only now have gotten around to taking pictures. Were these armands us

Default Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband

I have never been a big fan of printed armbands, but I picked this up at a reasonable price from a reputable dealer, and only now have gotten around to taking pictures.

Were these armands used for the same purposes as the yellow armbands having "Deutsche Wehrmacht" woven into or printed on the fabric, or were they for uniformed Wehrmacht personnel (in which case I screwed up and put it in the wrong forum).

Regards,

G. Kelly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband   Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband  

Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband   Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband  

Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht armband
    P
    Many

Yes, they were for the same purpose as the yellow/black "Deutsche Wehrmacht". Worn by non military personel assisting the Army. You can see them worn by a variety of people: RAD troops, civillians, early foreign volunteers, etc.

I have a printed "Deutsche Wehrmacht" one in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

These were worn by civilian and non-German volunteers working for and under the jurisdiction of the German Armed Forces..
    cheers, Glenn

Adrian beat me to it, lol...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Yes, they were for the same purpose as the yellow/black "Deutsche Wehrmacht". Worn by non military personel assisting the Army. You can see them worn by a variety of people: RAD troops, civillians, early foreign volunteers, etc.

I have a printed "Deutsche Wehrmacht" one in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Then my guess is that the photo I vaguely remember seeing that had these armbands being worn on Wehrmacht-appearing uniforms was probably one showing foreign volunteers. That makes sense.

There sure are a lot of variations in the printing on these particular armbands (even discounting the obvious fakes). Variations in typefaces - and even weights within typeface families - make me think that a person could spend a bit of time and money assembling a comprehensive "Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht" armband display.

Thanks to both of you for clarifying the applications!

Regards,

G. Kelly