Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting TR badges, real or fantasy?

Article about: Found these in the case at antique store, some story about the guy "lived in Germany and Australia during the war and has boxes full of these". You heard it right, Australia... the

Default Interesting TR badges, real or fantasy?

Found these in the case at antique store, some story about the guy "lived in Germany and Australia during the war and has boxes full of these". You heard it right, Australia... the badges look like new, and all I could think was fake, but they let me snap a few cell phone pics.

Are these any good, I don't think I'd be ever interested in one at these prices but I'm posting here just for educational purposes.

Any feedback welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting TR badges, real or fantasy?
    P
    Many

First two are Shooting awards. Original. Third one, on the right, not seen before.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The 2 on the left look to be originals..... but the asking price is kind of on the high side.

Extremely high.

Probably meant to say 'Austria'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Genuine, I would say from the photos, but the prices are horrendous...I'd rather buy the nice Heer silver breast eagle, if given a choice...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Austria... Australia... What's the difference, eh? Both are in Abroadistan!

As Ade said, shooting badges.

The one on the left and the one in the center are from Tiroler Landesschützen organization.

The first one is the Gaumeisterzeichen in Gold mit Eichenlaub [Gau Champion Badge in Gold with Oak Leaves] for 1941; the second one the Gauleistungszeichen [Gau Achievement Badge] for 1942. Both are for shooting achievements in the small-bore rifles category ["KK-GEWEHR" = "Kleinkalibergewehr"]. (They also came in the rifle ["WEHRMANN"] and pistol ["PISTOLE"] categories.)

I can't comment on the NSKK shooting badge.

As everyone has said Larboard these are nice original shooting badges.
    looking at the makeup of the badges the NSKK one seems to be an original one as well....If it were me I would snap it up like a shot!!!!!

Looks like a rare bird

All the best
    Doug