Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Juden Stern/Jew star

Article about: by drmessimer Could someone please post a certified, genuine star for comparison? And if possible, an explanation of how it specifically differs from the star now in question. Thanks. Dwight

?

Default Re: Juden Stern/Jew star

Same as approximately 99% of the other examples out there I'm afraid, reproduction.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juden Stern/Jew star
    P
    Many

?

Lets just discuss the star at the moment. It is for sale in the classifieds and we should establish - if possible - the originality of this item before discussing the actual sales advert.

Someone may wish to buy it and I would rather all the thoughts and opinions about the piece be brought forward to give members as much information as possible.

If members wish to discuss the issue then please start another thread in the Discussions forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Finally an item I feel comfortable to analyze. This is more than likely a post war manufactured star that has been made in he hundereds, if not thousands.They also come in the jood, juif,and J. Althought theere was a marker of this style, over 99% are fake. The only way to be sure is a chemical analysis of the dye used in the material, but the test would cost more than the value of the star. I myself would not buy this star, due to the print of jude. Looks off to me IHMO. Also, as it being a uncut peice it makes me think it's a copy. I due believe however you can't say this item should be in a museum not a collector hand. You can't say it's ok to collect this but not that. This item really has nothing to due with death. It was created to idenify jews in public in April of 1933, way before "the final solution." I do think however as collector of jewish material we have a personal obigation to notify a holocaust oriented museum of your find and atleast offer to lone it for sommetime. It is wwii/ thrid reich related since it was the germans creation of the jewish laws which created this artifact so yes I do think it ok for it be here but no not this piece particular due to IHMO it's a post war item. I could be wrong about the last statment. I am new to this forum and not completly sure of how the forum works with these kinds of items. If so, I do apologize.

Here is an authenticated jude star from my collection for reference. Most museum will only use this example due to the one in question "faked" level.
    Juden Stern/Jew star

?

I would have to agree with the statements so far offered , reproduction, based purely on the "unissued" appearance, even cloth 70 odd years old would attain a discolouration either very light and faded due to exposure to prolonged sunlight or a darkening due to atmospheric conditions within a premises, ie tobacco smoke , general dirt in the air and surroundings etc, the font of the word also looks strange to me as well

AS Per Adrian i have started a thread in the discussion forum related to this matter. Regards Larry Holocaust Star offered for sale in the classified section
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    This item really has nothing to due with death. It was created to idenify jews in public in April of 1933, way before "the final solution."
    An old thread... but I believe this statement is inaccurate.

Following the German invasion of Poland, all Polish Jews over the age of 11 were forced to wear the yellow star from November 1939 however the requirement for Jews over the age of six in Germany (including Jews with citizenship of annexed states) to wear the Star of David with the word "Jude" was not until September 1941 after Hitler agreed in August 1941 to the introduction of the "yellow badge" for Jews in the territory of the German Reich.

Poles were the first group to be forced to wear a discriminatory "badge" in Germany following the Polish (Polenerlasse) decree of March 1940 in which Polish forced workers were required to wear a clearly visible letter "P" badge to distinguish them from the German population in the Germany and the annexed Polish territories.

It is correct that Jewish inmates in German concentration camps worn a double triangle badge (winkel) that identified them as Jews much earlier than 1941, but they were prisoners and not the general Jewish population.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

You maybe correct. Just so it known, my source of this information was the book " Counterfeiting te Holocaust" if memory serves right.

Could someone please post a certified, genuine star for comparison? And if possible, an explanation of how it specifically differs from the star now in question. Thanks. Dwight

?

Certainly Dwight, here is an image of such a piece...

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images Juden Stern/Jew star 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast