Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Juden Stern/Jew star

Article about: by drmessimer Could someone please post a certified, genuine star for comparison? And if possible, an explanation of how it specifically differs from the star now in question. Thanks. Dwight

Default Re: Juden Stern/Jew star

Glad to here they were good to you. It's being redone as we speak, I've volunteered to help although I'm not a carpenter by any means. Just out of curiosity, who helped you?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juden Stern/Jew star
    P
    Many

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Look up I added info. before I saw your post. As for the pictures, sorry best I have at this time. But if you look at the picture I just posted of the front side of the star, then go back to the first pictured I posted months ago, you can tell they are the same.

The photo I just posted is a close up of the picture on the certificate.

Add: He's not per say. If you know him, ask him. He showed this to the famous nazi hunter. As well as its not just his word. You asked for a certificate. This has been authenticated in person by the ushmm. It matches know originals to a tee. I guarantee you it's original.
    I am not doubting the authenticity of the "star" in your collection because I am in no way an expert on any level in Holocaust artifacts.

I was once advised that the only way to gain any certainty of authenticity on such artifacts was to send them to USHMM, Yad Vashem or other major museums and institutions where they do have the acknowledged expertise to consider these items. Most Holocaust survivors if they actually kept them have donated their "stars" to such institutions and therefore they do not come on the market for sale so I am wary of those that are for sale.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

It has been viewed and authenticated by a museum. However, by working with the houston holocaust museum director of collections I can tell you I know more than her.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Glad to here they were good to you. It's being redone as we speak, I've volunteered to help although I'm not a carpenter by any means. Just out of curiosity, who helped you?
    Blimey, it was shortly after the Muesum acquired their cattle truck so maybe 2006... if I find the emails will let you know who
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-26-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Ok all my interaction has been with Carol M. Director of collections. She wasn't there in 2006, but Jewish side of my family knows the owners. I don't, wish I did though. They are all holocaust survivors. Oh speaking of that, they have a star displayed there that was one of the owners during the holocaust. Mine is identical in every way. I'll try to snap a picture of it next time I'm there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4