Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Judge Robe original or fake??

Article about: Hi, The Garment looks to me to be of very high quality and original. The eagle may or may not belong on the Garment and whilst I totally agree with HPL, I would highly recommend that you do

Hi, The Garment looks to me to be of very high quality and original. The eagle may or may not belong on the Garment and whilst I totally agree with HPL, I would highly recommend that you do contact the manufacturer with a photograph of the label. Firms often change their labels and may be able to date the Garment from the label style. Further, higher quality taylors usually maintain customer reference catalogues with the Client/Garment detals and measurements etc. Hopefully thay may be able to trace the purchaser from the name embroidered under the label and thus date its manufacture/sale. In the link given by HPPL, there are contact details for the firm and I would suggest that you ask the questions. It could prove to be an interesting quest?? If you do contact them, I hope that you get the right answers.
    Cheers Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Judge Robe original or fake??
    P
    Many

Hi, I really appreciate the attention and help to this post. It's a good idea contact with the manufacture. I'll try it and hope he change the label periodically! hehe.
    At the moment I've two more pictures what do you think about?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Judge Robe original or fake??   Judge Robe original or fake??  

?

I note that there was a Rudolf Letz who was Vice President of the Higher Regional Court and later-Secretary in the Reich Ministry of Justice ('Vizepräsidenten des Oberlandesgerichts und späteren Ministerialdirektors im Reichsjustizministerium'). I know nothing of him but he is mentioned in several academic articles on-line (for example: http://mr3er.de/dr-lo/index.php?t=1&c=78).

Obviously, this does not mean that the robe shown here belonged to Lenz or is genuinely of the 1933-45 period.

Regards, Philip

Completely agree with you Philip. Very interesting the info abut him. I've tried to contact with the Assmann's company. Now to wait.
    What do you think about the swastica sewn, the swástica and the name sewn?
    Thanks again,

George

was there ever an answer from the Assmann company?

Default Assmann made caps

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    was there ever an answer from the Assmann company?

Just on this question of Assmann made war-time caps. This cap has a label of the Assmann company, and has a NSDAP cap eagle attached. I thought it may have been a Judge or Prosecutor's cap, but it would appear it is not the same as the judges caps shown here and elsewhere. Could it be some other sort of academic headgear?

Attachment 761854

This is the answer I gave to this hat at WAF:
    Looks too me as a hat for a clergyman or a professor. I think the eagle is pinned on, to make it interesting (for selling).

Not any of the hat forms for the German Justice-system had this form, not in the early 1930's, nor later (1936) according to the "Merkblatt des Reichsjustizministeriums für die Amtstracht in der Reichsjustizverwaltung".
    Eagles do not belong to this type of headdress.

See some glercymen and their hat.
    Look at the similarity with the second photograph from about 1934 (see close-up).
    The first photo is from 1937:

Judge Robe original or fake?? Judge Robe original or fake??

Thanks for the quick reply. I've not been able to find much information about it, and no contemporary images, especially with badges.

You will not find photos with badges as eagles.
    Judges did wear a sort of ranking system with their hats, but never the eagle.
    This last was worn upon the right side of the robe. As far as I know clergymen
    never did wear an eagle (nor did university professors) and surely not with the
    headdress.

Judge Robe original or fake?? Judge Robe original or fake??

Likewise information about the dress and ranking system for the justice-system
    were published in numerous magazines, as "Die Bekleidungsarbeit",
    "Der Uniformschneider" and the justice periodical: "Der Deutsche Justizbeamtei",
    especially in 1936 with the date July 26.

See also post 4, please!

It would seem fairly conclusive that the cap is a cleric's cap with an added badge.
    Thanks all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast