Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kesselring & his Fallschirm-Korps cap badge

Article about: Another point : In France, we can found the Meindl Badge in the ground. I don't know if the kesserling badge was found like this.

Default Kesselring & his Fallschirm-Korps cap badge

The NSKK thread (here) should be proof enough that "things aint right" in the small badge world. It`s a small item though, and apart from giving a few individuals a smile or two, will go over the heads of most, especially those who dont collect small badges. Of course every other TR collectible was never faked and this problem pertains ausschließlich to small badges - right?

The longer that nobody does anything, the worse it gets. For the internet-collector, which most collectors today are, the evolution (since 1945) might be hard to follow, so i chose a small rare badge, around 12-14 months ago, a badge that was made during the last few months of the war. And will use it here to demonstrate just what happens when items (and individuals) remain unchallenged - topics unmentioned - dealers and their repetitive BS descriptions go unnoticed.

Kesselring`s pride & joy.... the Para cap badge - described differently by many dealers, yet most always offered with it`s packet.

The following images are dealers who have offered - offer - have sold or are trying to sell these Japanese reproductions since mid 2012.

Helmut Weitze €100.-

Hiscoll €135.-

Jamie Cross £225.-

Flying Tiger Antiques $375.-

Snyder Treasures of something or other $- sold no price

eMedals $130.- Sold

Intermilitaria €150.-

Tarn Militaria €135.-

RBnr Militaria €100.-

US Auction site $100.- sold

André Hüsken €225.-

Joes Military Collectibles

Treasure Bunker £195.-

eMedals (again) $140.- sold

Hiscoll (again) €120.-

US auction site $275.-

Sammlermarkt-Nord €180.-

Jamie Cross (again) and this is where it gets interesting. The asking price a few months ago of £225.- has just been upped to a ridiculous £395.-
    The description is also interesting, especially after following these badges for a short period of 12 months or so.... after seeing the offerings for these on this thread, would you agree with his description?

The longer you buy the story, the longer you trust these names, the more your cabinet will be filled with tripe. If you have a Fallschirmjäger doll at home and would like one of these for his cap - understandable - then i STRONGLY SUGGEST you go directly to their maker in Japan, Schmidt und Sohn, and buy one for the asking price of €38.- and yes, that includes the packet as well. While you are there, you might want to order a few more, after all, if you can get them for €38.- then look at the profit margin!
    Sammler Erwache, or - dont cry when it comes time to resell your collection.

Last edited by Jo Rivett; 12-04-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: grammAR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kesselring & his Fallschirm-Korps cap badge
    P
    Many

?

Gee, I'm really surprised, that you count Snyder amongst those selling these

Keep fighting the good fight

Quote by Scout View Post
    Gee, I'm really surprised, that you count Snyder ...
    All God`s creatures great and small...... the Militaria collector l♥ves them all.

Spme of the dealers offering this badge alone speaks volumes to it's authenticity. Did this badge actually exist in the period? I have never heard about this piece before.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

A most interesting and informative thread thank you .
    You are to be commended sir your post's at times are controversial and eye brow lifting for the lack of a better term and bring light to the darker side of collecting TR items which I collect NO longer as I found it to be wraith with pit falls ,minefields, and traps which to me took away from the joy of collecting I have settled back in to my comfort zone as it were (Canadian and Commonwealth) were I feel relatively safe and do not require the opinions and or the dissection of every piece before I consider my next purchase .

Regards Mark K

P.s I really like your new Avatar it speaks volumes to me.

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    P.s I really like your new Avatar it speaks volumes to me.
    Ditto.
    I meant to comment on that previously.

You are in good company - Papa Boyington would have been proud.

There is a picture of this badge on Kesserling's cap in the Schiffer Kurtz book.
    Perhaps the ffactory is allways in function !

Default The black sheep, a well known idiom

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    You are to be commended sir your post's at times are controversial and eye brow lifting for the lack of a better term ......
    Thanks Mark.
    A better term can be taken from the German MFF, where one of it`s members - a young chappy also registered here - describes my latest book as being a "very rude attack on other authors".
    Of course i dont believe that this person has actually read or understood the book, (like others who have posted on that thread have not either, but still feel well equipped to review a book that they have not read) but his comment is actually spot on.

Like those smoking adverts that show you black lungs cut open, like the adverts on TV for wearing seat belts that show you what happens when you dont.. i think - i believe - that the direct approach, the rude approach if you will, is the only way that peoples eyes are going to be opened.

And yes, i get loads of flak behind the scenes from those who get mentioned in a negative light. I dont put them in that light though, they do that to themselves when they list the stuff they do.

Great job, well done!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Did this badge actually exist in the period? .
    Quote by lebus12 View Post
    There is a picture of this badge on Kesserling's cap in the Schiffer Kurtz book.
    !
    Yes, exactly as the dealers say, "Kesselring is pictured wearing this badge."
    And some dealers will include the image of Kesselring wearing it too, i supposed as proof? But wait... even the Japanese forger Schmidt & Sohn include many period images of items that they fake... below is one of fake sympathy cuff links...

Kesselring &amp; his Fallschirm-Korps cap badge

I guess the difference is that Schmidt & Sohn actually say that they make and sell repros

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast