Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I could not find an obvious forum category to put this thread under, if there is a more appropriate category could the moderators please move this thread there. Here is my l

?

Default Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign

Hello Gentlemen,

I could not find an obvious forum category to put this thread under, if there is a more appropriate category could the moderators please move this thread there.

Here is my latest acquisition. A K.d.F. Kraft Durch Freude, "Strength through joy". Can someone help me with the "Ortswanderwart" please? When I put it through the Google translator it comes out as " Local migratory waiting" , I know that there is a translation that makes more sense then that.

The sign is in fairly good shape, although the back as a layer of rust and the front has three streaks running down through the letters. Depending on how you look at it, it either detracts from the overall aesthetic or just gives it character.

Thank you ahead of time for the help in translating "Ortswanderwart"

Hummel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign   Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign  

Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign   Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kraft Durch Freude pressed tin sign
    P
    Many

?

That is a great item , very nice indeed. Putting the word ortswanderwart in google translator it comes up with Local Migratory waiting so used in some sort of waiting room or similar?. Really nice piece.

Nice plaque, which I have not seen before. Would have been welcome for my book, which was published some years ago
    (the end of 2009).

One globally can say a Ortswanderwart = a warden or supervisor, who had to look after persons that were hiking/walking.
    Maybe the area where this plaque hung was a wooded area or an area were many persons liked to hike. Many German words
    one cannot translate through Google or whatever. Literally translated it would be: Local Hiking Warden.

The manufacturer Union-Werke AG from Radebeul-Dresden was a quite known concern. They held the RZM-code M3/71.

Cover for the book mentioned:

?

Hello Wilhelm, I was hoping that you would see this thread and comment, l would like to thank you very much for all of the specific information on this plaque, manufacturer and its purpose . I have had a copy of your book since around the time of its release. I poured through it last night looking for this plaque to no avail. I have purchased several signs since buying your reference book and now own 2 or 3 signs that appear in it, not just a similar sign, ones that have the same damaged areas and actually appear in your book.

I don't see too many unique and impressive K.d.F. items available in the market place. The only items that I tend to run across are photo albums, tinnies and paper ephemera such as cruise menus, tickets and such. I assumed that this plaque could be quite rare especially since it is not in your book examined in you book on signs.

Thank you again,
    Hummel

Hello Hummel,

No, there are not many KdF signs available. I have seen another one, but forgot to download
    the image. They seem to be scarce, but there must be more variations as there were also
    other functions that possibly were allowed to use a specific sign.

Good luck with collecting,
    Wilhelm

nice piece.

?

Wheres the like button?
    Pete

?

When I inquired with the gentleman I purchased the sign from I received a little more information that goes along with what Wilhelm had revealed in his assessment.
    He was told that it was from a small to medium-size office towards the southern outskirts of Aachen where there was a series of nature trails that led to a huge State Forest Reserve about 2 miles away.

Hummel

Yes, there is such an area south of Aachen: Hürtgen Wald, the woods of Hürtgen.
    There is even a much larger area, known as "Hohes Fenn", which is located at the
    border with Belgium, the German speaking part. Nearby Monschau and Eupen.

?

Wilhelm I have one last question on this sign. What does the N-S-G. stand for? Or did you already mention that and l just overlooked it?

Thanks,
    Hummelw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast