Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)

Article about: All items are original for me too. Stewy

Default Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)

This is my first post and a thread at that.

I have a small collection of Canadian and German militaria. I met a fellow that wishes to sell me 2 RAD badges and a Kvk2. I am incredibly skeptical of all three. There are no official markings on any of them. The kvk2 is missing it's ribbon, the badges are missing their pins and frankly they are very much unlike anything I've observed online.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)   Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)  

Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)   Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)  

Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)   Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kvk, RAD badges. Real or Fake? (I think fake)

Hi, welcome to forum
    Is he selling all of them, one by one or as a group? because i would pass on the KVK, you can get a complete one with ribbon fairly easy.
    The other ones not my thing sorry.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thank you,

He's selling them as a group or individually. In addition to the lack of hallmarks and a ribbon, are there any other indicators from the pictures that would lead you to suspect that the KVK is not the real deal?

All three items are original.

Cheers, Ade.

?

The KVK is absolutely fine, obviously it needs a ribbon but if the price is good there's no reason not to buy it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by donny1boy View Post
    Thank you,

He's selling them as a group or individually. In addition to the lack of hallmarks and a ribbon, are there any other indicators from the pictures that would lead you to suspect that the KVK is not the real deal?
    No, just because of the ribbon, there are several medal without maker marks and still original. The medal is good but i would still not buy it.
    Plus you now have Ade`s confirmation about the authenticity of the others.
    Now you decide.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Haha you seem very certain, perhaps I was too quick to pass judgement. I may hold off altogether unless I can talk him down further. He was selling them for $160CAD total or $60CAD each. Having explained their condition to the fellow, he agreed to let them each go for what he said was the same price he bought them for: $45CAD each or $135CAD total.

?

Quote by donny1boy View Post
    Haha you seem very certain, perhaps I was too quick to pass judgement. I may hold off altogether unless I can talk him down further. He was selling them for $160CAD total or $60CAD each. Having explained their condition to the fellow, he agreed to let them each go for what he said was the same price he bought them for: $45CAD each or $135CAD total.
    Way too expensive. The KVK is worth no more than $25.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with adrian. KVK is too expensive. You can get it much more cheaper, there are to much in the market. And the other two badges are damaged. Broken Needles! Never buy garbage !!!

Thank you very much guys, if I can't talk him any lower, I think I'll hold off altogether.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast