Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

kyffhäuser Badge??

Article about: Never seen one of these so i took a punt,very poorly cast..any help would be great thank you

Default kyffhäuser Badge??

Never seen one of these so i took a punt,very poorly cast..any help would be great thank you
    kyffhäuser Badge??kyffhäuser Badge??kyffhäuser Badge??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kyffhäuser Badge??
    P
    Many

I would say this is farily modern in date. I have never seen on before either. But certainly not from the Third Reich era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian..complete mystery to me too,although i dont mind getting the odd one at the right price...i find it more in a british style than german,and certainly not a 3rd Reich way..i cant make out if it says 1986 or 1886..the interest lies for me in i dont think this would be worth the fantasy makers time or effort..i must get to the bottom of this one

Looking closer is is certainly 1986.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I read it as 1786 - 1886

I might need glasses?

Call the optician

Joking aside, if you blow up the pic like this, you can see it is a 9.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kyffhäuser Badge??  

I agree with Ade, 1986.

Even without that date present, it would have to to be a post-WW2 item, as the design of the stylized Kyffhäuser memorial with the Iron Cross below it is the one adopted in the post-1945 era (and still used today).

A few examples: Kyffhäuserbund e.V.

?

I have no knowledge or qualification to intelligently comment on its age, authenticity or what organization it is from. I have needed to identify many serial numbers on metal products, some of an old age. It looks like a bad casting or damaged. The lower part of the one and the next number seems to be missing. I see that it seems to start to flare out where it would if it were an eight ( 8 ) and not curving back in as with a nine ( 9 ). I highlighted the area below. Also the dark shadow (?) area is rounded, I think different than it would be if it was a nine. I fully agree that it is obscure and I am giving my judgement, not hard fact. I have learned a lot reading this forum and thank you all for the great info!

kyffhäuser Badge??

It would have to be post war..the casting is very basic...it was so odd that i bought it out of sheer curiosity..very unlike any i have seen featuring the kyffhäuser memorial..one of those things,a very cheap item with no real monetary value,but for me a real curio..hopefully someone involved with the 200yr anniversary will know...if Ade and HPL havent seen one,im on a winner