Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

license plate district ID badge painted olive green.

Article about: Hey guys, first and foremost let me apologise for the picture quality! They are my buddy's pics...I am awaiting the green badge in the mail, but I wanted opinions on the the paint. I have on

?

Default license plate district ID badge painted olive green.

Hey guys, first and foremost let me apologise for the picture quality! They are my buddy's pics...I am awaiting the green badge in the mail, but I wanted opinions on the the paint. I have only seen the red badges. This was obviously red then painted over...possibly field use on a motorcycle? I will add better pics once it arrives. I know they are real, he got them from VFW a few weeks ago that was closing, along with a rare bread token. Thanks again guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture license plate district ID badge painted olive green.   license plate district ID badge painted olive green.  

license plate district ID badge painted olive green.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement license plate district ID badge painted olive green.
    P
    Many

?

Newbie I've never seen the green one before either. like the red one though ...Gary

?

It was originally red, obviously....not sure if for field use???

?

very cool hopefully we will find out more about it. Gary

Certainly nothing to do with field use. Military vehicles didn't have these civilian municipality/county tags, but stamps from military authorities.

?

Any opinions as to the green paint?

probably someone trying to make it appear military.

?

It did come from a VFW....but who knows...

?

My buddy that I'm buying it from says that you can tell that the green paint is old and been on there for forever..... has anyone ever seen these period painted before?

?

More pics guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture license plate district ID badge painted olive green.   license plate district ID badge painted olive green.  

license plate district ID badge painted olive green.   license plate district ID badge painted olive green.