Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

May badge 1937 a duck- and a bronze-age sword pin

Article about: May badge etc... could these belong together in some strange way? Regards Jan

?

Default Re: May badge 1937 a duck- and a bronze-age sword pin

I was able to find the whole set.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement May badge 1937 a duck- and a bronze-age sword pin
    P
    Many

?

Now i find that absolutely fascinating, i never knew about these at all, are they expensive to buy.

?

Can't say as was not able to find any matching for sale. I can say that I bought two, for $15 each, about 12 years ago. I had no idea what they were at the time, but the aaig catalog correctly describes them, as I went back and checked. It mentions a semi-precious stone... LOL.

Looking back at that 12 year old auction catalog makes me wish I had bought less stock and more TR.

Cheers

Jan
    ?

Those are Nice!!!

Rgds Jan

I've never seen the sword or the duck, you guys have so much info to share it's crazy. Thanks for the lesson guys and thanks for showing.

Jay

Here is my complete collection, they were donation badges from the 6WHW-5RSS, and were distributed on the 4/5.2.39 by the SA, SS, NSKK and the NSFK. The collection was called Tiere (Animals). There were ten in the set (T183-192), and were made of light alloy. 26,789,547 were produced in Oberstein, Pforzheim, Hanau and Schwäbisch-Gmund. You have number three, Ente (Duck) T185.

The sword was indeed a donation badge from the 1KWHW-2RSS. There were ten in the collection, and were made of light alloy. You have number nine (T230). There were two variations in the set, most were the non-hollow stamped versions (.1), but the ones that were produced in Goblenz were hollow-stamped (.2), and have a book value of 6.5 times the solid versions. Here is a photo of my complete set of the non-hollow stamped type (T224.1-T231.1).

Hi Troy, you really have the wrong username. It ought to be WHW Meister!

Thanks for adding all this valuable data to these old posts.

Cheers, Ade.

Your round badge is a tinnie, Arbeit T37-01. There were six in this set, from 1934 (T34-01) through to 1939 (T39-01). The first two years featured the script Tag der Arbeit (Day of Work/Labour Day), but from 1936-39 this was replaced with 1. Mai, as yours does. The quality of the metal was first class in the first three years, but as the war drew closer, poorer quality metal was mostly (but not always) used. The relief work in these, especially the 34-36 tinnies was excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2