Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Meet Bruno Loerzer

Article about: My new post card of Bruno Loerzer,what is his rank and what medals is he showing.I could not find much on this fellow anybody out there ever heard of him.

Default Meet Bruno Loerzer

My new post card of Bruno Loerzer,what is his rank and what medals is he showing.I could not find much on this fellow anybody out there ever heard of him.Meet Bruno Loerzer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Meet Bruno Loerzer
    P
    Many

Default Re: Meet Bruno Loerzer

For starters......

Bruno Loerzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google is your friend.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

He is wearing the 'Blue Max' I believe

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This is a pre-Luftwaffe portrait showing him in the uniform of the Deutscher Luftsport-Verband [German Air Sports Association] or DLV.

His rank as identified by the collar patches is Fliegerkommodore. They are in the blue branch color worn by Mitglieder (individual members) of the DLV as well as personnel of the Lufthansa and the Reichsamt für Flugsicherung [National Agency for Air Traffic Control].

The wings above his right breast pocket are the DLV-model Flugzeugführer- und Orterabzeichen [Pilot-/Observer Badge]

The neck decoration is indeed the Pour le Merite or "Blue Max". On Loerzer's left breast pocket is the WW1-era Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse [Iron Cross 1st Class]; the ribbon for the 2nd Class is the first one on his ribbon bar. The second one is for the Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern [Royal House Order of Hohenzollern] in its Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern [Knight's Cross with Swords] grade.

Sorry, not sure about the other medal ribbons.

He is wearing the uniform of an officer in the DLV, a civilian flying organization which was absorbed in to the NSFK. I will move this to the Non Combat Forum where you may receive more replies.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

His EK1 looks like a Schinkelform on the wik. photo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

As always your information is most through and interesting Thank you so much.Did you see my postcard from the Africa Corps listed under "Holy Grail" of postcards? I would really like to have a translation if you have time. Thanks Mike C.

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    His EK1 looks like a Schinkelform on the wik. photo

Nick
    Nowt wrong with those eyes...trust you to notice that...(good spot mate!)

Cheers,

Carl