Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mother's Cross and Wound Badge, Real or Fake?

Article about: An individual locally is looking to sell these two pieces. Is anyone able to give me a few pointers on identifying real Mother's Crosses? I found a good bit of information on the WB but not

Default Mother's Cross and Wound Badge, Real or Fake?

An individual locally is looking to sell these two pieces. Is anyone able to give me a few pointers on identifying real Mother's Crosses? I found a good bit of information on the WB but not the Cross. I'm 99% sure the WB is original, but I'm not sure about the Cross. I'm offering $85 for both. Thank you all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mother's Cross and Wound Badge, Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Original but too expensive, friend! A mint-condition bronze Mother's Cross can be had for 35 Euros and that Wound Badge can be found cheaper and in better shape as well...Why don't you take a look at PhilippMilitaria, a reliable German dealer...
    Don't waste your cash on this...you'll never get your money back if you decide to sell later...Just my opinion!
    cheers, Glenn

?

If you separate them and post them in the Orders and Decorations forum, the wound badge going in the Verwundetenabzeichen sub forum you will get the right members seeing them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Glenn is correct Railway

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Original but too expensive, friend! A mint-condition bronze Mother's Cross can be had for 35 Euros and that Wound Badge can be found cheaper and in better shape as well...Why don't you take a look at PhilippMilitaria, a reliable German dealer...
    Don't waste your cash on this...you'll never get your money back if you decide to sell later...Just my opinion!
    cheers, Glenn
    I'm not buying them, guy ended up being a scam.

35 euro = $48USD plus $18 shipping would make Phillipmilitaria very expensive.

both items original.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    both items original.
    Thank you for the reply. The wound badge I imagined was good, I've gotten pretty decent at spotting those.

The mothers cross though, what are some key features you look for when identifying an original one?