Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

my 2 new eagles

Article about: hi guys i got these at the same time i got the helmet though from 2 different dealers i think they are 2 party eagles in succession a 34 model and one 36 model? im not sure but anyways here

Default my 2 new eagles

hi guys i got these at the same time i got the helmet though from 2 different dealers i think they are 2 party eagles in succession a 34 model and one 36 model? im not sure but anyways here they are one is 100% mint i would say marked rzm m1/14 and the darker more worn is unmarked

cheers DS and merry christmasmy 2 new eaglesmy 2 new eagles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my 2 new eagles
    P
    Many

The eagle with the head turned left as you look at it is a civil eagle which should not have a RZM mark. The other one is a form introduced in 1936 and replaced shortly thereafter with the more common longer wing version as worn on the SA kepi.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

hmm strange i looked at a couple of postal eagles and they does look similar but the thing that i only find on the 1936 pattern is that underneath the top of the wings there is a slight anomaly in the feathers that points in oposite directions and i think those are the only political eagles to do that and then the mint with 3 prongs was also political as you say but i dont want to be a hassle or anything but i just think its strange that it is a postal eagle when the only time i see this kind of eagle its labeled as a 1936 nsdap political eagle

cheers DS

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    hmm strange i looked at a couple of postal eagles and they does look similar but the thing that i only find on the 1936 pattern is that underneath the top of the wings there is a slight anomaly in the feathers that points in oposite directions and i think those are the only political eagles to do that and then the mint with 3 prongs was also political as you say but i dont want to be a hassle or anything but i just think its strange that it is a postal eagle when the only time i see this kind of eagle its labeled as a 1936 nsdap political eagle

cheers DS
    These civil eagles were worn by other civil organizations and not relegated to postal cap eagles. The eagles worn on postal caps were slightly larger than these examples. It is possible the smaller version were worn by the postal service. I have seen this smaller version eagle worn on a feldmutze of a man assigned to the Stellwanger der Fuhrers Reichslager, which trained civil service leaders. The man joined this organization in late 1938 so the smaller eagles were in use at that time.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.