Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie

Article about: Gentlemen, I am excited about a recent encounter I made with 4 brown shirts. Hopefully these prove to be authentic and albeit stripped ready to enter my tidy collection. The tie I understand

?

Default My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie

Gentlemen,
    I am excited about a recent encounter I made with 4 brown shirts. Hopefully these prove to be authentic and albeit stripped ready to enter my tidy collection. The tie I understand is quite hard to find and hope it is authentic. I can see the BOBI tag one with olc under it. I have been told that maybe a red flag. However, the other one does not have the olc under ges gesch. Two of the shirts I assumed were NSKk with black piping around collar. Those seem to have signs of where collar tab were removed. The party armbands are present on two of them. The hardware seems to be in place for the belt to rest on. one shirt also seems to have a cufftitle removed from the sleeve. One brown shirt appears to be unissued. I have requested more photos and would like to understand what to look for on these. I have never owned one or handled one. I know many of you have handled and studied these other own them outright. What are your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie   My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie  

My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie   My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie  

My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie   My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie  

My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie
    P
    Many

?

Here is another tag...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie   My new adventure: offered 2 NSKK and 2 SA Brown Shirts and a Tie  

If you are intending to rebuild these shirts, find matching insignia is very difficult. The SA shirts would have to be rebuilt with post 1939 insignia as the collars are unpiped. The shoulder board requires the proper underlay color to match the type of SA unit the collar tab designates. The most common are foot units with a gray underlay shoulder strap. The NSKK wil be far more difficult as the collar tab unit must have matching shoulder board with the proper Motorgruppe color underlay to the unit designated on the collar tab. Unless these are VERY reasonable, they are a bad investment. The tie appears to be a period original piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob,
    Thanks for the quick response and guidance. Do you see any concerns within the photos I have available? There are four total shirts, as far as reasonable what would you say? I have looked at many dealer sites looking for an example even with insignia which I could then back out the value. Have you seen any on dealer sites recently? I have viewed the ones on our forum...the huge collection offer ect...
    Best,
    Anzel

I seldom look at dealer sites anymore as I am not looking to add anything to the collection at this point.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

With insignia, a rough value of a uniform would be around 600-900usd. Of course, there are many variables to take into consideration with that estimate, such as condition, rank, unit-branch, markings, period in which the insignia was applied.....

?

I think I see one RZM tag with "DAF" on it.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    With insignia, a rough value of a uniform would be around 600-900usd. Of course, there are many variables to take into consideration with that estimate, such as condition, rank, unit-branch, markings, period in which the insignia was applied.....
    Point well taken regarding insignia variable to valuation. So what would you say without insignia? I credit $40-50 bucks for ones with armbands. Bob's point regarding the cost of acquisition and assembly of matching period correct insignia has appealed to the more rational side of my brain. The collector side of my brain is searching for a target amount on these shirts as they sit. So would $300 per shirt be conservative enough to make this a reasonable project? In you opinions of course.

Dean,
    I have been looking for that "DAF" can't seem to get my eyes around it yet.

As always thank you for your time, energy, enthusiasm, wisdom and patience with this thread!

?

I have not seen recently any ties offered anywhere have no idea of value. Any thoughts on that?

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I think I see one RZM tag with "DAF" on it.
    Dean,
    You are right. The "DAF" is on the neck tie's tag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast