MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with these badges! Fake or not????

Article about: Hi guys, today i get These Badges from a friend. But in my opinion most of them are Fakes. Only Reichsparteitag Looks to be good. What do you think?

Default Need help with these badges! Fake or not????

Hi guys,

today i get These Badges from a friend. But in my opinion most of them are Fakes. Only Reichsparteitag Looks to be good.

What do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with these badges! Fake or not????
    P
    Many

Police tinnie (3rd one) is also good.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The stickpin and the pinback cross are fantasy pieces.

Thank you for your help

agree with HPL.

I usually do not weigh in on these topics but when I see incorrect information given I feel obligated to interject. The first piece posted is 100% period genuine...it was sold by the Winterhilfswerk on the 17th & 18th of March 1934. You can find it pictured on the bottom of page 18 of my Winterhilfswerk book.

This hobby is confusing enough...we should be more careful making such authoritative comments unless we have the information to back up such claims. I'm not trying to chastise anyone...but I see a lot of this happening nowadays.

The only piece that is rubbish is the last one posted.

Cheers,
    Chrys

Brilliant information. Just goes to prove that it's in the book. Therefore is real 😊

Apologies for getting the stickpin wrong and thanks for setting the matter straight.

About two or three years ago on another well traveled militaria forum I watched a thread play out over the course of a few days. A relatively new collector posted a few photos of a Narvik Shield on green army cloth backing. The first person to respond to the thread denounced the badge as a fake. Nobody else replied...so the new collector started to ask questions about what made his shield a fake. The person that deemed it a fake told him that if he took the shield apart that he would be able to see why it was a fake. So here this guy goes posting a "play by play" of himself destroying this Narvik Shield. He gets it completely torn apart and asks for the poster to explain to him what makes it fake so that he will know in the future. The poster comes back on the forum and says "I guess I was wrong...sorry".

You never know what someone is going to do to these items after seeking advice from the forum. As small and insignificant as this WHW glass stickpin may be to some it is an early part of German WWII history. It would be a shame to see someone toss it into the trash because they were told it was not an original item.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Just goes to prove that it's in the book. Therefore is real 😊
    Not sure if you are being snarky or not...but I never once stated that it was original simply because it was in my book. There are many folks on this forum that collect these types of things and they have my book. I was providing reference to these people.

You obviously are not one of those people...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast