MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need some help

Article about: Good evening gents, I have just been given the following, which I have absolutely no clue what it is.... I think it's from a party rally in 1939, but it's in pristine condition in its origin

Default Need some help

Good evening gents,

I have just been given the following, which I have absolutely no clue what it is.... I think it's from a party rally in 1939, but it's in pristine condition in its original box.

Any help on identifying what it is, or who would have been given it would be most helpful.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you can provide

Many thanks

Liam

Need some help

Need some help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some help
    P
    Many

On the back I think it says second place. Was this the party day? If so what was second place?

that's a very nice nonportable award,as its a partyday ,its probable coming 2nd in a drinking contest.lol other than that who knows.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that's a very nice nonportable award,as its a partyday ,its probable coming 2nd in a drinking contest.lol other than that who knows.
    Thank you! Just found out that Carl Poellath are still around today. Funny how their website neglects the years post 1936!

Carl Poellath History

Isn't that the problem with many German concerns?
    Existing for many years, even until these days, but
    the TR is not in their timetable!

What were the competitions to come second place in? Drinking? tug of war? lol

There weren't any games. In fact there was no Rally. The so called 'Rally of Peace' was cancelled in favor of another, less friendly event, that started on Sept. 1st of that year. And so technically speaking what you show was an prototype award.
    If they were any, I'd imagine they would follow suit and feature sports competitions as well as so called 'war games'. Those participants awards as pictured by you at the top of the thread came in three classes (gold, silver and bronze) and three grades (1, 2, 3rd place winners), and so technically there were 9 different variations out there.
    So far all of the ones discovered are made out of 'fine zinc' while their honorary counterparts were made out of different materials to include zinc, brass, silver and aluminum alloy. They differ slightly in size and verso motifs.

cheers

Matt

its the same with the Japanese firms,always nothing to do with them,my then lady friend worked for a Japanese firm based in Sutton,her boss was a Mr Yamashita who thought it was wrong to hang his uncle,General Yamashita for war crimes.