Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Funeral Sash

Article about: I recently bought this funeral sash. It is approx. 7' long and feels like satin fabric? It is well made with the 2 emblems sewn onto the red fabric. The gold frills on the edges are also nic

Default NSDAP Funeral Sash

I recently bought this funeral sash. It is approx. 7' long and feels like satin fabric? It is well made with the 2 emblems sewn onto the red fabric. The gold frills on the edges are also nice. I don't know much about these funeral sashes. Is this one real? What does the writing translate to? The word ORTSGRUPPE and PEGNITZ are also on the sash. Is this pretty rare? ANY info would be greatly appreciated! It looks great with my other WWII stuff! Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Funeral Sash   NSDAP Funeral Sash  

NSDAP Funeral Sash   NSDAP Funeral Sash  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Funeral Sash
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Funeral Sash

Very nice party member sash I would say this would be hard to find congrats.............ERIC

Thanks! I like it. So, this was an actual party members sash? Are you able to translate the words? What about value...any thoughts? I paid around $175 for it.

It is a nice item.

When collecting this stuff, it is always worth a least attempting to learn some basic German. Nowadays we have online translators where you can type in the words:

Google Translate

Here is what it says:

und ihr habt doch gesiegt = and you have won anyway

I trust you know what ORTSGRUPPE PEGNITZ means? If not, it is the NSDAP regional group from the town of Pegnitz. Pegnitz is a town in the Bayreuth district in Upper Franconia, Bavaria, Germany.

The price sounds OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade! Yes, I did know what the Ostsgurppe Pegnitz meant. I put the words into a translator online, but I did not get what you told me it was. BUT, with the style of writing, I know typed in the wrong letters. I thought the second word was "Thr" and the last word was "Geficgt". That's why I could not translate. For me, it is hard to tell the letters with this style of writing. I know some VERY basic German, but not nearly enough. Thanks again Ade!

Ah, yes, the script can be tricky to those of us not used to the old style letters.

My pleasure to help!

Cheers, Ade.