Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Nsdap Leader Armband

Article about: What do you guys think? Found this in the woodwork.

?

Default Nsdap Leader Armband

What do you guys think? Found this in the woodwork.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap Leader Armband   Nsdap Leader Armband  

Nsdap Leader Armband   Nsdap Leader Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap Leader Armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nsdap Leader Armband

If memory serves me, an armband of an Orts Level Political Leader for the Local Group Leader, or Ortsgruppenleiter. Aside from the unfortunate mothing, I see nothing that would raise a red flag on this one. A difficult armband to find. Nice find.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The edge piping is white and this would be worn by a Kreisleiter, ahead administrator at the county level. It is likely an early one from the 1939 pattern insignia as it does not appear to have a black arrow ink stamped on the back to indicate the top of the armband. The way you show it is actually upside down. There are many period pictures of these mounted upside down on a tunic. I have a tunic in my collection belonging to a high ranking Gau official that has his armband mounted upside down. I have a couple of period pictures of him showing this tunic with the incorrectly mounted armband. Nice find. A couple of pictures of the armband in wear on a Kreisleiter double breasted tunic.Nsdap Leader ArmbandNsdap Leader Armband
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The color piping on these bands is very difficult to tell from some photos. Take a look at the one Gottleib has listed, Bob-he is calling it blue piping, but in the photos shown, it certainly looks white. In the 1st photo the top piping of This band here looks like a tint of blue.
    Armband for Orts Level Political Leader
    William

Except for the first picture, when the pictures are enlarged it is definitely white. I see what you mean about the Gottlieb piece. To me, his one still looks light blue.
    BOB

That glaring white Background doesn't help much, I know! But, you're absolutely right-white is Kreis-blue is Orts! But I'd sure like to have This one in hand under florescent light and peak under those stitches with a glass! That blue piping was never dark to begin with and had an irritating habit of fading over time and light exposure! But, either way(and I agree...it probably Is white), it's still a heck of a nice find and aside from the moth nibbles, a tough band to pick up! A shame it's missing it's tag!
    William

?

Thanks for your input and sharing your knowledge guys. Excellent display Bob! The piping is white on mine but I know what you mean, I have seen ones listed as having blue piping for Orts as you pointed out. So would this Kreis armband be considered an early version because it is without the top arrow (oben)?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Thanks for your input and sharing your knowledge guys. Excellent display Bob! The piping is white on mine but I know what you mean, I have seen ones listed as havThe edge piping is white and this would be worn by a Kreisleiter, ahead administrator at the county level. It is likely an early one from the 1939 pattern insignia as it does not appear to have a black arrow ink stamped on the back to indicate the top of the armband.ing blue piping for Orts as you pointed out. So would this Kreis armband be considered an early version because it is without the top arrow (oben)?
    From post #3: "The edge piping is white and this would be worn by a Kreisleiter, a head administrator at the county level. It is likely an early one from the 1939 pattern insignia as it does not appear to have a black arrow ink stamped on the back to indicate the top of the armband."
    BOB

?

Ah what you must think of me now I meant to say are they more rare.

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Ah what you must think of me now I meant to say are they more rare.

Too often, the term more rare is over used in the collecting world. In the case of the arrow stamp, I do not think anyone has ever considered that factor one way or another as it would in no way effect the value in my opinion.
    BOB