Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NSDAP Stickpin

Article about: Until September of 1939, jewelers in England and the US both continued to make pieces for Germans and German patriots. And why wouldn't they? There was no state of war between the countries

Default NSDAP Stickpin

Wondering if anyone has opinions about this nazi stickpin. It was included in a small collection of items I purchased last week. It looks like it might still be attached to the original package and includes the pin cap. Either that or the white mounted cardboard/fabric and the pin cap are post war... Not really sure.

I'd love to learn more if anyone has insight. Thank you!
    NSDAP StickpinNSDAP StickpinNSDAP Stickpin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Stickpin
    P
    Many

I think they were originally on card stock new. But looks like it could be a good pin.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

It looks original, but not necessarily NSDAP-related. It could also be a prewar good luck symbol. It can sometimes be difficult to tell when it comes to these unofficial items.

I go with Erno.

Ok then what is pre war? That is not NSDAP?
    Clearly it is of 30s era to 40s and of no doubt German Mfg.
    Would be nice to see it removed for better pics.
    I can see some knurling on the pin through the cloth.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I like it. The tilt to the swastika makes it more than likely a NSDAP supporter type of pin. Nice little item!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Ok then what is pre war? That is not NSDAP?
    Clearly it is of 30s era to 40s and of no doubt German Mfg.
    Would be nice to see it removed for better pics.
    I can see some knurling on the pin through the cloth.

Eric
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I like it. The tilt to the swastika makes it more than likely a NSDAP supporter type of pin. Nice little item!
    Like I said, it's hard to say, but I must disagree on a few points.

Neither the knurling nor the titled swastika denote German origin, much less an NSDAP connection. Take, for example, this pre-war stick pin being offered by the 'Ruptured Duck' website:

https://www.therupturedduck.com/WebP...edals/m524.htm

On this pin, the blue enameled swastika is titled and the pin stem is knurled. Were it not for the 'sterling' mark, it would be very easy to make a Nazi connection. I've seen a number of such pins in all shapes, sizes and orientations, sometimes clearly marked as good luck tokens. Since the swastika was in widespread use throughout the world prior to World War II (and still is in some Asian nations), it's very difficult to make a positive NSDAP link unless the pin is both undeniably German and of the period, or if some period documentation exists.

It could be an early NSDAP supporter's pin, or it could be an American or British good luck symbol. At any rate, it is almost certainly not postwar. Naptime, I recommend that you remove it from the card and look for any sort of markings. Afterward, you can always replace it without causing any damage.

I checked everywhere and there are no markings, logos or anything on the pin. It's a mystery to me. I too thought it may have been an early good luck symbol but it does have that mobile swastika tilt that looks very "Nazi" to me. That being said, my other stickpins have either a manufacturer stamp or RZM code on the reverse.

?

Quote by naptime View Post
    I checked everywhere and there are no markings, logos or anything on the pin. It's a mystery to me. I too thought it may have been an early good luck symbol but it does have that mobile swastika tilt that looks very "Nazi" to me. That being said, my other stickpins have either a manufacturer stamp or RZM code on the reverse.
    Well, it's not unusual at all for these to have no markings, even if they are Nazi-related. These sorts of pins (the 'supporter' or 'sympathizer' types) weren't officially issued, so they wouldn't bear any RZM markings. In fact, if there were an RZM mark, that would most likely condemn it as a fake. Something like a "Ges. Gesch." mark would help to show it was German, but the absence of such a mark doesn't say it's not German.

I think yours has a good chance of being an early NSDAP stick pin, but there will most likely never be any way to know for sure. Either way, it's nice and not very common.

it is likely a period patriotic stick pin as items such as that were rampant in the 3rd Reich. If it was NSDAP affiliated, there would be a
    RZM marking. My first impression of the item it is mounted to was it was a lining from inside a storage box.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast